2 weeks post-op and SO HUNGRY!!!

Desertflower
on 8/3/07 4:37 pm - Mesa, AZ

Hi All, I am not sure of anyone else has experienced this...but I am getting sooooo hungry that I feel weak, dizzy and aggitated.  My body feels like I haven't eaten in days sometimes.  I know this is not "head Hunger". Is this normal?  Most people say they don't feel any hunger. I am insulin resistant and a type 2 diabetic...so maybe I am having some hypogycemic issues where my blood sugar gets really low??? Any suggestions? Thanks for the help. Robin

ginau
on 8/4/07 2:18 am - mesa, AZ
Call Cassie and talk to her , Maybe its your current choice of foods that's leaving you feeling weak , I had hte rny and had to force myslef to eat he first couple weeks,,, weird I tell ya weird !  But cassie should be able to give you some insight- By the way how is your sugar doing are you seeing a decrease is your numbers - maybe thats the problem  ?  I was off my meds in the first 2 weeks - my numbers had dropped so low  - I had to drop my meds myself !   Call  Cassie !!! or email her.. She is very good about getting back to people.
Desertflower
on 8/4/07 2:44 am - Mesa, AZ
Thanks, I will call her.  My BS was 79 today.  I am eating 3 meals per day and having my extra protein and water, water, water....just feel so hungry I could eat my cat! Robin
JRinAZ
on 8/4/07 3:02 am - Layton, UT
Robin, I was one of the only ones I know who actually popped up from the surgery table and asked what they were serving for supper!!!!  I too was hungry and was always envious of my support buds who went for a full year making themselves eat!!!!  There may be a blood sugar connection because I was insulin dependent and on amaryl and glucophage as well.  ....  I dropped insulin immediately nd the other 2 meds within the first month! Hide the cat and call your doc!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Desertflower
on 8/4/07 9:58 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Joyce, Thanks for the note.  It makes me feel better to know I am not the only one out here feeling like I am starving.  I never took any meds for my insulin resistance.  Per my doc we watched my blood sugar and tried to stay close to low carb eating before my surgery. I am just hoping that this will pass.  I so want to do well, and I am afraid that I will have these feelings forever.
quiltz
on 8/4/07 6:13 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Robin, Sorry about the hunger thing.  I'd put money on needed a tweak on your diabetic meds.  So far no real hunger, but one night of head hunger to kill!  See you at support group.  Marcia
Desertflower
on 8/4/07 10:02 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Marcia, Good to hear from you.  I am not on diabetic meds.  Per my doc, I checked my blood sugar and tried to stay close to low carb eating before my surgery.  I do think that it is connected to my insulin levels when I get that super hungry feeling. I haven't had any cravings yet...but just really weak, bone tired hungry sensations. See you later this month.    What is the date for support group? Robin
RayM
on 8/4/07 4:22 pm - Surprise, AZ
I also am Diabetic.  My sugars have been out of control for a while.  My Dr, changed some meds and I upped my insulin also.  I find now that when I am in normal ranges I fell dizzy and very hungry too.  I have a hard time controlling myself when I am feeling like that.
quiltz
on 8/5/07 9:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
By the sheet August 6.  I have to go into Dr. B's tomorrow so I'll double check.  Hope you are feeling better today.
Most Active