6 mo. post-op now..and doing pretty good...but

Judy M.
on 8/4/07 10:30 am
Ditto what you said. When I weighed 135 7 years ago I thought I was so fat having to lose 5 lbs. At 20 over I was beside myself and now at 100 over I am scheduled for lap band surgery in 1 month.  I am perplexed how I got to this point but food addiction is a cunning and baffling torment.   About body image:  We women are socialized to think that we are never good enough with the bodies we were given by our creator.  I worked in a clothing store for 20 years and I heard so many things that women hated about themselves and tried to cover up with clothes.  Basically any curve, and imperfection and any wrinkle on any part of the body was a problem.  I learned to feel self conscious about my elbows, neck, knees, glutes, arms when lifted, ankles everything.   Then somehow I became addicted to food simultaneous to changing jobs from the active involvement in a clothing store running to and fro, lifitng and moving all day to sitting at a desk or in a car selling real estate.  The loss of activity was the main problem and the bigger I got the less active I could be for physical and mental reasons. Then the food cravings became overwhelming.   I think when I lose this weight I am just going to tell myself the be quiet if my mnd starts sharing that it thinks i am fat all the time.  I have already dedicated and ruined enough years of my life in food addiction and weight gain.  That time is soon over for me.   I am thrilled to hear of your great success and you just keep it up and don't let your mind tell you things you wouldn't tell your best friend or enemy for that matter. Soon to be free!!!!
AChocolateJewel
on 8/6/07 4:36 am - MS
congrats on the weightloss
Beauty is as Beauty does...Beautiful Soul
Most Active