ok maybe confused on pre op diet

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/07 11:52 am - AZ
I may have been confused on my pre op diet... I have only been eating protein shakes and water... Is there something I am missing? People I have read about basically are doing there liquids which is my 2 weeks post op. Any body know?
JRinAZ
on 8/2/07 1:18 pm - Layton, UT
Hi there Kelly! Many Lap Band programs have their patients on protein drinks prior to surgery.  It helps with a quick weight loss which comes immediately off of the vital organs and allows for a safer surgery.  High protein grams prior to any invasive procedure (even the minimally invasive lapband) helps with healing and good gneral health. Your post-op will be much easier than the pre-op plan!  You'll have the band to help you afterwards! You can have popscicles, crystal light, sugar free jello ....etc.  The goal though is to get the nutrition from the protein drinks so you don't want to have soups and such at the expense of "not" having a proteion drink. E-mail Dr. Schlesinger with your questions so he can guide  you through your journey! You are on your countdown Cutie Patootie!!!!  You CAN do it!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/07 2:19 pm - AZ

Thanks again Joyce!!! I am hanging in there. I want this so badly I am not going to make the wrong choices. Thanks for listening. Only 3 more days for me on this horrible diet..LOL Thanks Cuti

Sue seems to have my back!!

poohspal
on 8/3/07 2:08 pm - AZ
Always my friend!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
Most Active