Hey everyone...

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/07 11:38 am - avondale, AZ

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone in AZ.  I haven't been on the site for a while now.  We have been so busy moving into the new house in Denver, they finally finished, 2 months behind schedule, but were are in it now and LOVE IT!!  I have been doing well, almost to the 100 lb mark.  I have hit a plateau and haven't lost anything in the past couple of weeks.  I'm down to 178, it's amazing.  I am wearing a 10 or 12 pant and a Medium top, OH MY GOSH, the last time i wore these sizes I must have been in 6th or 7th grade.  I love all the attention from men now, hubby doesn't get jealous, he says as long as I come home to him at night it's ok  !! 

I hope you are all doing well!!

Take care,

Danielle

CK777
on 8/2/07 1:07 pm - Avondale, AZ
Hi Danielle Congratulations on the great weight loss! I just 100 lbs lost myself. I know what you mean about the attention from other men, my husband is the same the way. Have you been back to AZ since you moved? You mentioned that you would be coming back, if you do let me know so we can hook up. How is Tanner doing? Take Care Cathy
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/07 11:44 pm - avondale, AZ

Hi Cathy, I should be back towards the end of August.  I have a follow up with Blackstones office.  I'll let you know when it is.  Tanner is doing great, getting big and he is so independent now.  How's your grandson?  Is he still living with you?  You look great in your picture.... Hope all is well. Danielle

CK777
on 8/5/07 10:03 am - Avondale, AZ

Hey Danielle Give me a call when you come back in town. My cell number is 480-540-0513.

My grandson is with his other grandparents right now in Tucson, I get him every two to three weeks depending on what's going on. Put some updated pics of yourself up so we can all see the great job you are doing. I'm looking forward to seeing you so be sure to call. Cathy

JRinAZ
on 8/2/07 1:19 pm - Layton, UT
Hi there Colorado girlfriend! Congrats to you on your great weight loss!  ....I'll bet you're having yourself a ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH!!!  *wink wink* We miss you!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

msger
on 8/4/07 12:01 am - Apache Junction, AZ
Hello I had Roen y surgery in 2003 also. Lost close to 130lbs. Never had a problem. Loved my new body. However, I am for some reason gaining again. I don't feel I eat any differently but in the past year have gained 30lbs. I am so depressed because it seems what ever I do I keep gaining. Is this typical? I saw an add in the paper for stomaphyx. Is this the answer. I'm fairly sure my insurance will not pay for the surgery. I have MS and am on disabliity and state AHCCCS. I have few physical issues from the MS. Mostly depression and extreme fatigue. My husband is disabled and on dialysis and helping him takes all the energy I can muster. Additional or excess weight makes my life so much harder. Also, I am 55 years old. Do you think the stomaphyx could be something that would help me? Thanks msger
JRinAZ
on 8/4/07 1:23 am - Layton, UT
You actually sound like the perfect candidate for stomaphyx.  My understanding is that it works very well for those who have had regain due to perhaps a stretched pouch or open stoma but who have not regained over 50 pounds back. Insurance is not covering it yet because codings take about 2 years to actually go through the red tape for approval.  Hopefully they can come up with creative coding that makes it medically necessary.  For instance, since it's done with a endoscope, then it may be billed as an endoscopy and then the patient would just have to pay the difference for the expense of the extra equipment, OR, anesthesia, etc.  But, that's still in the future as well. There is a FREE seminar this coming Monday.  You can find out about it at  Dr. Schlesinger's website www.azwls.com or by calling his office.  His contact phone number is on his site as well. I'm saving up to get this procedure and hope to be thin and healthy by the Holidays!!!!  I have an open stoma and have regained about 25 unfortunately! You hang in there and kudos to you for being such an Angel to your hubby! Joyce ....just a note....I know they are having a team of experts come in next Saturday for a special "Stomaphyx" training.  They have one spot left so if you know anyone that would like a "team" of experts then tell them to call asap Monday morning!  ....I wish I could take that spot!  It is a reduced price.
pwrightt
on 8/3/07 12:14 am, edited 8/3/07 12:52 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Danielle: WOW 100lbs. I remeber when you started your journey and all the highs and lows you went thru to get where you are now. You go girl. I'm so happy for you. I too haven't been on the site much (just posted why) but still love to come back and read up. But saying that I too have now lost 100lbs. Doesn't it feel great?  It was good to hear you are doing well Pam
Most Active