ready to give up

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/07 7:01 am - AZ
I am doing this protein thing before my surgery , The first few days were fine but now I am suffering from severe headaches. Did anyone eer goe thru this and if so please let me know what you did to help. The headaches are so bad I have to close my eyes. I am so ready to throw the towel in cause they hurt so bad....help...
ginau
on 8/2/07 8:54 am - mesa, AZ
kelly  Sure sounds like withdrawls , you stopped everything but protein drinks , what didi you give up ?are you going COLD TURKEY? it might be your body adjusting - it should get better, maybe you should call and ask Dr about how your feeling ?
Candi Y.
on 8/2/07 9:21 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Hey there  - DONT KILL YOURSELF, you'll have enough suffering, try and enjoy yourself before your surgery.  Each Doc is different, so follow their rules, but I really only had to do 2/3 days of liquid AFTER surgery and then you dont even feel like eating so you dont feel deprived.  Be carefull cause it is a SHOCK to your system and be sure to take VITAMINS......  DOnt throw in the towel, its so worth it....TRUST ME!!!!  Chat soon.
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/07 10:02 am - AZ
thanks everyone.. I just talked to the doctor and he thinks I may havenot gotten enough water in. Also gina, I think it could b lack of sugar caffiene, thanks. Candi, i am trying not to give up and things look alittle brighter now cause my head isn't going to explode. I know things are much harde after surgery and will need to hold on.. I want this more then anything so I will work as hard as I can. The support is what helps me keep going. thanks to all Kelly
karen_n_az
on 8/3/07 4:04 am - Thatcher, AZ
Caffeine was the killer for me!  I've started the pre-surg diet also.  Did your doc give you a plan?  My doc didn't.   I'm going to post something up here soon asking for one from anyone willing to share.   Anyways last month I swore off caffeine to everyone in the house.  The kids didn't do bad but I had a headache for three days straight!  I thought I was going to die! I knew it was withdrawals, I just didn't think that it would be so bad.   Hang in there!!!  Keep hydrated, thats so important.  I can hardly believe how full my protein drink makes me feel. 

~~~The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.~~~

Judy M.
on 8/4/07 2:13 pm
I had caffeine withdrawal headaches and extreme fatigue for 3 weeks post giving up caffeine.  Sodas are worse than coffee. I was only drinking 1 cup a day so I had a lot of denial as to my level of addiction.  I still miss the coffee.  Boy am I ever an addict.  Now I hope the lap band surgery will help me with my food addiction.  Does anyone have any comments on how they have dealt with their food addiction?
(deactivated member)
on 8/3/07 1:24 pm - AZ
Hello and thanks my headache is gone. My doc only told me to do protein shakes a week before my surgery. No actually diet plan. I did get the centrum chewable vitamins. I go for my surgery on monday august 6th. It maybe was from caffiene , I used to be a huge soda drinker. This probably was the hardest thing to give up. Thanks for your replies and good luck with your surgery. Chat soon Kelly
Desertflower
on 8/3/07 4:27 pm - Mesa, AZ
You know that withdrawl from sugar, caffiene and other foods we have become addicted to over the years can really prove to give us trouble when we go off of them.  Keep drinking as much water as you can.  Nap often and also use ice on your neck. HUGZ Robin
Most Active