Calling all Blackstone folks!!!

dfavre
on 8/1/07 11:53 am - Maricopa, AZ
I can't believe it has already been 4 months since surgery.  Time sure does fly eh?  Anyway, I have my 4 mo. appt. with the NUT on the 7th.  Can any of you give me a heads up as to what I should expect?  My main two questions are: Do I get more food added to my diet? Will I have a weigh in? Any words of wisdom you can throw my way will be greatly appreciated.   Thanks gang!!!! Dawn
ginau
on 8/1/07 1:07 pm - mesa, AZ

Dawn  Your seeing Randy too ?  You always  weigh in , Thats a GOOD THING !!!  meeting with the Nut - she is going to address any questions you have  also clear you to  have Beef & pork, frsh dlads if I remember right ..  - from exp  try to limit the amount - I think it helps to raise cholestrol levels , also more veggies tomatoes, citrus is added back in . You should be completely healed and eating larger  portions , make sure  to write down any questions , I think I aksed about Wine at 4 months ..  I was alos concerned about my portions - Cassie was awesome , your basic question and answer session .

nicoleaz
on 8/2/07 12:02 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Dawn :) I just had my 4 mo appointment a couple weeks ago with Cassie - she's great! Yes, you'll get food added to your diet. I was basically given the green light to eat normal again within reason. She'll have paperwork for you that explains what your meals should consist of. The jist of it is... Protein first, 60-80g a day. No snacking - like always! Water water water! Still 64 oz a day. Vitamins/Minerals - I forgot to ask her how long I'll be taking these, but they're still part of the plan for now. Make each meal consist of at least 50% protein, then fruits and veggies next. Raw veggies and salads are added back as well as citrus fruits. She'll give you some paperwork about starches - healthy versus not as healthy options and tell you how often and how much you should eat. Same goes for meat, alcohol, drinks, and fats. I didn't have an appointment with Randy that same day, only Cassie and she didn't ask me to weigh in. I, however, wanted to so she took me to a scale and did it for me. It was a little scary adding some things back into my diet, but over the past couple weeks I've learned to try things in very small quantities and pay attention to how I feel after I eat them. Write down all your questions for Cassie, she's great and spent plenty of time with me. She's also been good about responding to my emails when I have a random question. I'm excited for you - good luck and let us know how it goes! Nicole
Desertflower
on 8/3/07 4:33 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hey Nicole, I was told that vitamin and calcium supplements are for the rest of your life after RNY.  Because of the re-routing we will never be able to obsorb all the vitamins we need each day. Thanks for the 4 month update.  I will have my first month post-op class on 8-15.  Excited to get a little more food choice added. Robin
dfavre
on 8/2/07 4:37 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks ladies!!!  I'm glad to have something new.  However, i have a confession, I have cheated a bit.  I found that I can drink red wine and I have had some bites of bread every now and then.  I wonder if I should fess up to the nUT?
ginau
on 8/4/07 2:32 am - mesa, AZ
its not cheating - your not on a diet - its a lifestyle change !! Remember !  its like the book says you can have a bite every now and then as long as you follow some basic guidleines !
Most Active