AZ Lap-Band - Self-pay - How Much?

Michael B.
on 8/1/07 12:16 pm - Gilbert, AZ
We will be moving to Phoenix at the end of this month - my wife is considering lap-band and it will have to be self-pay...Has anybody shopped around the valley or even other parts of the state? If so, what was the most affordable clinic you found?

Visit My Newly Launched Blog:

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/07 12:29 pm - AZ
Hello Mike, Let me start off by welcoming you and your wife to the OH board as well as to phoenix. I am a self pay as well and I absolutely love my surgeon and after care he offers. I get my surger yaugust 6th not to far away. Anyway I paid 13,000 but I think he is up to 13,500. That s what I think he is up to now. I am not staying in the hospital overnight it is just that day . He offers great aftercare and so far has answered all my questions. I have another girlfriend whose surgery is just after mine and we both work very closely together i hope this helps and if you need anything else don't hesitate to get in touch with us. thanks Kelly
ginau
on 8/1/07 1:14 pm - mesa, AZ
Mike  Welcome to Phoenix - "Valley of the Sun" Read the older posts , I think Joyce had a pretty complete lsit of Dr and charges ,,Posted  in the last 2 weeks , In general your looking around $15000   more or less , We have some awesome Dr in the Phoenix area , Some are in demand and hard to get into see , I suggest calling at least 3 and go to their seminars - your not only buying the lap band tool - But also their support ,  There are also a couple great Support groups in the Area , the west side has one , there is one in Chandler, and one is eaast Mesa - I believe ..  The support groupd are great to meet people who have been through the process already and you can learn what to expect .  Keep in touch and feel free to ask questions , also OH is coming to town in Oct - should be some great  info there ...
poohspal
on 8/1/07 4:33 pm - AZ
"Hyjack"   Did you say east mesa?  whats it called,  I go to the chandler one and it is awesome really and truly, but if I could find one a might closer i bet I could make it more often!!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
Candi Y.
on 8/1/07 1:20 pm - Cottonwood, AZ
Welcome!!!   Gee you've moved here during the roughest wheather time, but you'll enjoy it here.  I am a self pay person (2 year loan)  I did alot of research and of course being so close to Mexico you do have that choice, its about half the price.  After all my investigating I went with Doc Terry Simpson, for several reason, my main reason is the Lapband is the ONLY WLS he performs and that was the only one I was interested in.  My cost for a YEAR of services, $16,000 thats  for  the surgery / overnight stay if you'd like and all fills in a year, and office visits.  He has several websites you can refer to, to learn more about him.. BUT so far I am THRILLED with my decision to use him and thrilled with the BAND.  I am 5mths out and have lost  63lbs and feel WONDERFULL!!!  Heres one of his websites http://doctorsimpson.com/
poohspal
on 8/1/07 4:38 pm - AZ
Welcome welcome!!  Seemms most of this state is transplants myself included!!  Most lap banders are self pay it seems because insurance just doen't keep up with the times it seems.  I am a self payer who wnet to 2 other seminars before i choose my Doc. Dr. S  he is great has a great record and at this point "the best price in town" at 13,500  His staff is super!  ithink part of the reason his price is lower becuase you don't have to do an over nighter. Like the other post said search out joyce she listed all the prices in town.   Good luck in your search and the best advice anyone can give you is go to a few different seminars, they are always free and that way you can see the program and meet the Doc.
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
Jamie_Daz
on 8/3/07 3:56 am
joyce can u email me th elist of doc's and cost thanks in advance
poohspal
on 8/3/07 2:19 pm - AZ
Hi  I am not Joyce, but her post name is JRnAZ  and she has all the numbers and info you need.  She is a fountain of info and very sweet about sharing. Sue
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
Most Active