St Lukes in Az..Do you have private rooms?

shanrenee
on 8/1/07 2:24 am - Avondale, AZ
I am having surgery at St Lukes in Phoenix with Dr Juarez on 8/14. Can anyone tell me if you get a private room? Also what do I need to take with me? One last question...I am still looking for a good primary care physician on the west side of town. Thanks for any help!!!
pwrightt
on 8/1/07 5:31 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Yes you can have a private room. I believe it cost me an additional $250-260. I had my surgery on Wednesday and out on Friday. It was well worth it. Its been 7 months and I already forgot what I took. But whatever I packed it was too much. Love Dr. Juarez. I am now 7 month post op, no complications, and have now lost 100lbs. Good luck Pam
shanrenee
on 8/1/07 6:56 am - Avondale, AZ

Pam, Thanks so much for the info. I am glad to hear you are doing so well and have had such amazing results. I am starting to get very nervous but I am so looking forward to becomming a smaller me!  Have a great day!

Shannon

ginau
on 8/1/07 9:23 am - mesa, AZ
Miss Thing - your are going to do so good !!   dont forget I have some matrix for you at my desk - hanging in a bag on my wall , In case you walk on down  - But you should be on way home by now - talk at ya in the morning.
ginaq56
on 8/1/07 2:51 pm

Hi Shannon, Be sure and take a small pillow along. It works great to hold against your abdomen if you need to cough or sneeze. I also used it to put against my back when I wanted to lay on my side.  Take very comfy clothes for going home. Other than that, the hospital provided the rest. I also have been very happy with Dr. Juarez and crew. If you can afford the private room, go for it. My roommate was a whinner and complained about everything so it wasn't fun having her for a roomie. Best thoughts going your way! Gina in Kingman

flyrep
on 8/1/07 5:45 pm - AZ

Heres my list to date.....   small squeeze bottle of liquid soap maxi pads  something very comfortable to wear home Lip balm / chap stick…for the dry lips when you can’t have ice chips

• -Baby wipes or antibacterial wipes to freshen up
  • -Trial size baby lotion or favorite lotion
  • -Small shampoo and conditioner
  • -Brush, hair ties
  • -Toothbrush and paste …the hospital provides some but it tastes horrible
  • -Deodorant
  • -Insurance card and living will or health care proxy, medication list
  • -Your own pillow w/colored case (this will be handy for the ride home too)
  • -Loose clothes to wear home and a good pair of non slip sole slip on shoes…you will hate to bend over to put on shoes
  • -Camera in case you want to document the journey …this is an optional item
  • -Phone numbers in case you want to call family / friends
  • -Sanitary napkins (a lot of women will start their cycle right after surgery)
  • -Small fan …this is an optional item
  • -A robe and house shoes to walk in the hall  -Some reading material like magazines

• Posted By:
    ~Fun loving Mormon~
     Husband's Best Friend
      ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
    Hard Core Constitutionalist
    ~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

flyrep
    on 8/1/07 6:03 pm - AZ
    I forgot to add that I have a date set with him as well. I went up on the floor and they booked me a private room that day. My WLS date is Sept 25th. Im a self pay so not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. 

Posted By:
    ~Fun loving Mormon~
     Husband's Best Friend
      ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
    Hard Core Constitutionalist
    ~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Most Active