StomaphyX procedure?? Anybody know about this?

MARY OTU
on 7/31/07 9:13 am - PHOENIX, AZ

A friend sent me this. Have any of you have had this or know anything about it?

Mary

StomaphyX
This revolutionary procedure is now available for individuals who have had previous gastric bypass surgery and who are regaining weight and those who want an alternative to invasive weight loss surgery. This procedure involves no incisions and no recovery and involves placing an endoscope through the mouth into the stomach pouch and suturing the connection between the stomach pouch and small intestines resulting in slower emptying of the stomach and earlier satiety and more weight loss. The procedure also shrinks the stomach pouch and makes it small like soon after the original gastric bypass procedure.
Benefits of the StomaphyX procedure include:
No need for abdominal or internal surgical incisions.
Enables the surgeon to reduce the size of the stomach.
Preserves future treatment options.
In most cases, is performed on an outpatient basis.
Essentially painless.
Faster recovery than with open or laparoscopic procedures.
Adjustable and/or revisable.
The StomaphyX device is an endoluminal fastener and delivery system that consists of an ergonomic, flexible fastener delivery device and sterile polypropylene fastener implants
ginau
on 7/31/07 9:16 am - mesa, AZ
Yes Mary DR schlessinger in P.v is approved to do procedure here in town,  Joyce has posted she is going to have ot done , onl bad thing is pay out of pocket for it .. I can wait to see her results !
MARY OTU
on 7/31/07 9:20 am - PHOENIX, AZ
So, is it a viable alternative for new patients? Joyce, what do you know about this for folks choosing as option for an initial surgery? Mary
ginau
on 7/31/07 9:22 am - mesa, AZ
Mary  - its not approved as an alternative , its for people who have already had  wls .  if you go to chandler wls on Yahoo - there are some posts there that discuss it .
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/07 12:46 pm - Phoenix, AZ

Dr Schlesinger is holding a seminar Monday evening @ 6pm on August 6th.  I cant wait to hear all about this!  I'M READY!!!!!!!!!!!

JRinAZ
on 7/31/07 2:36 pm - Layton, UT
Hi there pretty friend! This Stomaphyx procedure is HOT HOT HOT!!!!  The chatter is non-stop on the Grad site, revision site and countless others!  Gastric Bypass grads are losing weight like they did as a newbie out of their original surgery and all without having a surgery!!! I'm saving up a bit for it and then signing up!!!  You can find info on DR. Schlesinger's website:  www.azwls.com He also has an informational seminar this coming Monday the 6th at 6:30 pm  You can register for it from his website or get his phone number there as well. My understanding is that it is a procedure exclusively for those who have had a "failed weight loss surgery" or have had regain for whatever reason (health, slowed metabolism, etc.)  It is not for those who have weight issues and are non-surgical patients.  IF you Google the word stomaphyx then you can get some interesting articles.  There was an add in the AZ Republic today!  I feel like I did when I was getting ready for my first surgery!  I want it NOW!!! :)
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

CK777
on 7/31/07 3:30 pm - Avondale, AZ
There was an article today in the AZ Repulic for the seminar that Dr. S is having and it does mentioned that it could be an ALTERNATIVE to RNY? That was my impression? Cathy 
Most Active