Muscle Milk???????????Any good..help

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/07 2:34 pm - AZ
Is muscle milk any good and is it too high in calories? Please help, trying to find a good shake but also good in calories. This one is 20 grams of protein but 150 in calories..
Judi S.
on 7/30/07 2:35 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I just picked that up too, let me know...I got mine @ sam's Club, Vanilla...how about you?
Candi Y.
on 7/31/07 8:28 am - Cottonwood, AZ
 I love my muscle milk, BUT it is high in calories, so what I do is have it for breakfast as my meal since in the am I am not that hungry anyway.  There are alot of lower calorie drinks, but that Choclate Mint muscle milk - just LOVE IT!!!  I have been buying the light cause only has 150 calories as compared to 230, but GOOD STUFF in my eyes!  Good luck
ginau
on 7/31/07 8:34 am - mesa, AZ
it sounds like the Muscle Milk you picked up is the light vesion,  You can go to any good health store and find a  protein, check out Champion brand - I know ther are 3 nutrition wharehouse's in the valley and they have sample / single serving sizes of protein drinks - I strongly suggest you try a couple before you buy any  large containers - I love the Sytrax products  and use more Matrix ( milk type ) and Nectar ( fruity  drinks ) they both have 23 grams of protein and about 120 calories -  
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/07 8:39 am - AZ
Thanks guys- you guys are great and appreciate the help and support. Thanks to my friends!!!!!!!!!
Jennysue82
on 7/31/07 9:41 pm
MM is good...but GNC's 50 Gram Slam is packed with way more protein!! one can at a time is about 3.49 - but that's almost a day's worth of protein... plus it tastes pretty darn good...no dry aftertaste... good luck & give it a try !
JRinAZ
on 8/1/07 1:32 pm - Layton, UT
Hey tjere. Just a note about having all protein grams for the day in one drink.  Our bodies can only absorb approx 30 grams of protein in one nutritonal intake.  More than that just gets flusehd down the potty.....  ASBS guidelines suggest 3 protein drinks spread throughout the day so we can maintain satiety and have optimum nutrition. 20 to 25 protein grams per 90 to 120 calories is the best ratio.  (Whey)
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

karen_n_az
on 8/1/07 4:27 am - Thatcher, AZ
This muscle milk stuff is what my trainer recommended for me to buy.  I haven't told him yet that I was approved for surgery.  I really only told a few people that I was even considering it.  Anyways he told me that its the best he has found out so far as a trainer and told me to pick some up.  

~~~The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.~~~

beckipoohbear
on 8/2/07 3:09 am - AZ
Hey Karen, I noticed further down in this thread you mentioned your trainer recommended muscle milk.  If you don't mind me asking, who is your trainer?  I live in Safford and I am going to need a good one eventually.  Right now I go to 8th Fitness and they have a trainer there, is that your guy? Rebecca
Michael B.
on 8/1/07 12:19 pm - Gilbert, AZ

I rarely do protein supplements anymore, try to get it all in with meat, but early on MM was my favorite. Banana Cream and Mocha flavors were a nice departure from the usuals...sugar was only like 3 grams. I bought mine at The Vitamin Shoppe for about 3 bucks each - the Ready-To-Drinks always sat better - less foamy then when I use my blender..

Visit My Newly Launched Blog:

Most Active