what do clear liquids consist of...????

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/07 4:34 pm - AZ
Any advice on just clear liquids.... I want to get everything I need in house for after surgery. I have  1. broth 2.crystalite 3. SF pops 4. Water what else is missing? Any help is great Thanks Kelly
quiltz
on 7/29/07 4:51 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Jello and tea  too.  Basically, it is anything you can drink and see through. Not much there, but hopefully you won't be on it very long.
M. clarke
on 7/30/07 3:37 am
Kelly, You may want to double check with your physician. I know Dr. Blackstone asked we didn't drink any crystallite or SF pops. Basically we couldn't have anything with artificial sugar in it except the jello and that was because jello has some protein in it. But she was really strict. Not sure who your doctor is. And lap band may be different. It was strictly water, broth, and jello when I did my surgery. Tea had to be caffine free (not decaf). Decaf still has a little bit of caffine in it. Also want to make sure you don't have anything red as you don't want to confuse it with blood after your surgery. Again double check with your doctor for exactly what is okay for you to have as every doctor is different. Great luck with your upcoming surgery!
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/07 5:42 am - AZ
Thanks everyone!! Surgery is soon!
Stephanie W.
on 7/30/07 12:45 pm - Peoria, AZ

Yes. You can have crystal light, sugar free popsicles, and sugar free jello. De-caf iced tea is best. The bad thing about the clear liquid stage is there's just not a whole lot of variety. Full liquids gets a little better.

--Stephanie

At goal- I'm luvin' it!

Candi Y.
on 7/31/07 8:56 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Hey Kelly - Good Luck, your date will be here before you know it!!!  DOn't buy to much, I made that mistake and the stuff is still sitting in my closet, SF Jello was GROSS, couldn;t even do it, I did chicken broth and really before you know it your too soft foods.  Depends on you and your Doc, I was feeling great the night I came home, so I think by like 48hours I was to soft and I loved cream of wheat, little splenda & cinnamon...Yummmmy,  SF Pudding, but always check with your Doc with your eating, its alwasy best to go by there rules and every Doc is different!  Feel free to check out my profile, I am 5mths out and have lost 63lbs and have taken alot of step by step photos and documented pretty much everything!  GOOD LUCK - use OH as your LIFELINE, I sure do!
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/07 9:05 am - AZ
My gosh, thank you so much!! your doing great!! Know for sure I will be asking you lots of questions thru this journey...LOL Thanks
ginau
on 7/31/07 9:19 am - mesa, AZ
Kelly  It all depends on your doctor !  Have you been to your pre-op class yet ?? good rule is if you can see through it , and nothing red in color ..  after surgery  water and tea  are best , and some good ole chicken broth! will keep you hydrated !  just sip, sip, sip untill  your urine is clear !  - Dont even think of gulping water ! we will watch you  and call you chipmonk cheeks !
AZdove
on 8/1/07 10:53 am - Tolleson, AZ
I have to agree with whoever said don't stock up the cabinets with clear liquid...just a little.  I have canned chicken broth left over in my pantry and I had surgery 2/7/07!  I have taken to using it with leftover chicken however.  I soften the chicken by letting it marinate in the broth overnight even after it has been barbequed or broiled.  The dry, stick in your throat chicken becomes remoistened and I can make another meal or two out of what is generally left from a whole chicken breast.  Also it is good if I make pasta or rice...these are things you will get back but not for a while.  I just find that I cannot eat rice or pasta without some broth in it...too filling and it does tend to still get stuck.  Primarily I eat protein.  Protein.  Protein and then more PROTEIN!  The sugar free popsicles and sugar free fruit bar popsicles are my life savers right now.  I take one in the car on my way to work sometimes because I am so thirsty but have trouble drinking water.  I have to trick myself into it.  I munch on soft shaved ice all day to get in my 64 ounces.  The sugar free jello sucks...now.  I lived on it for about 2 weeks...but I can't look at it now.  Good luck.  And it does get easier but it is still hard work...it is just that you see the results of your hard work so quickly it makes you want to do even more.  Do you have an angel?  Nicole was mine and she was wonderful!

Most Active