Question...Help please

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/07 1:35 pm - AZ
Hey everyone.. I have a question and it may sound stupid. What kind of broth does everyone drink and like? I am trying to make easy on my hubby and get everything I need. I bough some bouillion but should I buy the broth in the cans? Which does everyone prefer. And what other clear liquids does everyone have for the post op-first week. I got sugar free fudge pops, can you eat those? and sugar free pops? Any advice or help will gratefully be appreciated. I need some help, I guess I am getting alittle nervous. Thanks Kelly
quiltz
on 7/27/07 2:11 pm - Phoenix, AZ
DH got me some Wolf Gang Puck brand vegetable broth.  Very tasty and felt good going down.  I had some Jello Jigglers on hand that certainly came in handy for just a tiny bit of fluid with some taste.  Sugar free Jello, of course.  Good luck
ginau
on 7/27/07 3:06 pm - mesa, AZ

I used the swanson ones - pop top open and nuked , also i stuck to water first couple weeks, everything else made me sick  But it dependson oru dr program too - ask and ye shall find out

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/07 5:19 pm - AZ

thanks guys for yourhelp and support!! Hugss Kelly

Arizona_Sun
on 7/29/07 5:01 am - Gilbert, AZ
I think the cubes might be hitgher sodium.   When I had my surgery I had both on hand because I had no idea what I would prefer as a post-op.  Dont' buy a lot of any one thing because sometimes tastes change and you hate what you have.  Sugar Free popsicles ended up being a favorite for me.  I am a chocolate lover from birth, but I did not like any of the SF Fudgsicles and still don't.  I never thought I would enjoy a popsicle, but I do.  As to whether you can do the Fudgsicles right after surgery that would depend on your program.  I don't think it qualifies as a clear liquid.

Sandra B. View my journal and educational pages at www.acdlady.com/WLS_1 "Trust your own instinct.  Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s."  –Billy Wilder  "Know your labs and track your trends."  

Most Active