2 days after Lap Band

cafelvis
on 7/27/07 12:09 pm - Peoria, AZ
I had Lap Band Surgery done on 7/25/07 so today I actually was able to eat cream opf wheat.  However, it felt like a brick in my stomach.  I am not sure this is the full feeling or I have eaten too much. At lunch I tried the yogurt and had the same issue. I think for dinner I am going to go back to liquids and try again Saturday.  Does thos sound normal. A little nervous here.
poohspal
on 7/28/07 9:26 am - AZ
I think going back to liquids for a day or two sounds like a really good plan. Maybe the swelling is still an issue. IMO that sounds a little early for those foods, so maybe your tummy just wasn't ready.  either way I always think call your Doc! better be safe then soryy.  Good Luck.
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
JRinAZ
on 7/28/07 11:20 am - Layton, UT
Yikes!  Cream of wheat sounds rough for a new baby bander!  .....  Having a little history with your wonderful Doc Simpson, I can remember tellnig the patientst o be on liquids for a week after their band.  Have they changed? .....  You may want to shoot Darcie, Christine or Nancy an pm. Take care and maybe sip some warm liquids til you get your answers......
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Diego
on 7/28/07 9:58 pm - Phoenix, AZ
No change in our plan or what we teach patients. One week of liquids. Cream of wheat is not a liquid. Please contact me directly if you are having those issues. Terry Simpson MD FACS
Terry Simpson MD FACS www.drsimpson.net (post op information) www.theweightlossdr.com (books about weight loss and aftercare) www.azlapband.com (contact information) I am a surgeon, but cnaces are I am not your surgeon. Listen to your surgeon first. If you are my patient, then burn my comments into your heart. While my advice is sound, always listen to your surgeon first. If I disagree with your surgeon-- ask your surgeon again-- you may have misinterpreted them. Either way -- your surgeon is always right.
JRinAZ
on 7/29/07 2:29 am - Layton, UT
WEll Hello there you very handsome charming...easy to love DOG!  LOL!  I've missed you bunches Diego!  (and company)!..... We are flattered that you've graced our chat site with your very knowledgeable post!  .....  I think you need at least 10 more websites though !!!!  *wink, wink*  Huggggzz to all!  See you  at the O.H. Event in October!!!!  Hopefully they'll select a location that let's doggies attend! :) Joyce
Diego
on 7/29/07 5:55 am - Phoenix, AZ
Well OH is stalling as usual with the October event. We hope that they help out a bit first, but they might wait until the last minute and have the event at a hotel on Van Buren. Perhaps we should organize and put it on ourselves and go from there. Of course it will be doggie friendly -- why not? We miss you Joyce, always good to see you.
Terry Simpson MD FACS www.drsimpson.net (post op information) www.theweightlossdr.com (books about weight loss and aftercare) www.azlapband.com (contact information) I am a surgeon, but cnaces are I am not your surgeon. Listen to your surgeon first. If you are my patient, then burn my comments into your heart. While my advice is sound, always listen to your surgeon first. If I disagree with your surgeon-- ask your surgeon again-- you may have misinterpreted them. Either way -- your surgeon is always right.
Stephanie W.
on 7/29/07 1:58 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hey Elvis-       I remember my pre-op binder had cream of wheat listed as a full liquid starting on Day 4, so I understand why you were eating it. It probably says to in your binder. Having said that, I remember only being able to eat 4 baby spoons of it. It really wasn't one of my favorite things. I think I mostly ate frozen yogurt, sugar free chocolate pudding, jello, and chocolate protein shakes. And of course, LOTS of water. You probably still have alot of swelling. Best Wishes. Steph

--Stephanie

At goal- I'm luvin' it!

Most Active