Considering lap BAND Need help

Jamie_Daz
on 7/27/07 3:26 am
well we r couple  living in chandler  AZ My  Wife is considering Lap Band, she is not not computer savvy so iam left with posting this lol so anyways  she is 5 2 and weighs 200 and type ii diabetic question is will be givean a lapband if not what r the options what s the first step that need to be done  regarding consulting a doc  any help and answers would help  Thanks in advance Jamie and Daz
carolem
on 7/27/07 4:22 am - Austin , TX

I would suggest you go to the top of this page and click on find a bariatric surgeon.  Check out their credentials and sign up for one of their free seminars.  Usually your primary care doctor needs to write a letter that will describe the medical necessity for the surgery, but that doesn't need to be done first.  Check out the seminars and learn as much as you can.

The one my husband and I attended was at Shea Hospital on a Sunday for Scottsdale Bariatric Center.  Dr. Robin Blackstone is really awesome, highly skilled surgeon and genuinely nice person that cares about all her patients.  I would highly recommend her.

Carole M

Jamie_Daz
on 7/27/07 4:32 am
Thanks carole really appreciate it
JRinAZ
on 7/27/07 6:33 am - Layton, UT
Wow!  That's awesome that you are doing this as a couple!  Congrats!  My hubby and I both had weight loss surgery also and love have that built in support! The steps for getting the ball rolling depend on whether you aer self pay or going with insurance? Most folks go to at least two or three FREE seminars given by Weight Loss Surgeon's.  You can go to the top left of the Obeisty Help page where it says "Bariatric Surgeon's" and click on that.  Select the state of Arizona and then you can browse about the recommended surgeon's in our area. Everyone here would probably recommend their own surgeon as the best choice for you to go to.  That's the awesome part of this lifesaving surgery is that we all LOVE the person who gives our health back to us! Here's the ones to choose from: Dr. Eric Schlesinger (least expensive and loved by many) Dr. Terry Simpson (specializes in just Lap Bands) Dr. Robin Blackstone (great all around surgeon) Dr. Juarez (all around good surgeon) Dr. Fang (with Juarez and does all types of surgeries) Dr. DeBarros (has a great comprehensive program) Good luck with your journey and let me know if I can help you out.  I have spent a lot of time sorting out the insurance issues with oodles of pre-ops!!! Joyce [email protected]
Jamie_Daz
on 7/27/07 8:00 am
thanks .. will look in to it u guys are awsome and I dont need surgery my wife does i need to put on weight thats my problem
poohspal
on 7/27/07 11:29 am - AZ
Hi Jamie! I wanted to introduce myself, welcome you to the best site for info and people, and suggest some things. If your Wife doesn't like computers but likes to read, there are some great books that I liked. If you want  to, send me a messgae and I will send you the info along with some links if you want. :) I am a pre-op patient.  I am also a self pay.  My insurance wouldn't pay, I didn't want to wait and so here we are. The idea of going to seminars is really the best plan.  Go to more then one  I promise you wont regret it.  I went to 2 before I chose my Doc.  he was a perfect fit for me.  I went on the american board to make sure he had no marks or cases against him. ( my friend had problems I was nervous)  . They are right when they say people will recomend their own.  But being a self pay afforded me the opportunity to pick and choose.  Get as much info as you can. learn as much as you can and ask questions.  Not every surgery is right for everyone.  The Lap Band has some great qualities you can't find in other surgeries. 1. less evasive. 2. can be reveresed. 3. Adjustable!  big one!!  this surgery fits your needs whether they are health or desires. 4. you are in control Email me anytime and again welcome!  This is the best site  I realize it is only your Wife who is having the surgery but she will need your support through the whole thing.  you and your wife are making a great choice.  Good Luck!!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
SKennedy13
on 7/29/07 1:41 am - Queen Creek, AZ
Lap Band on 05/02/07 with

Welcome, I would start by researching online, once you find a clinic you like go for a seminar I recommend you go to at lease two different seminars and two different clinics, I think that having options are good and it is also good to explore different clinics. I went with the Banner Bariatric Clinic located in mesa and soon to be in a new state of the art hospital in Higley and US 60. I dont want to sway you too much but I recommend going to one of their seminars and talking with Ilene in there front office, she is a wealth of knowledge and really knows how the whole insurance thing goes. Good luck

Most Active