Reassurence please

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/07 5:56 am - AZ
Okay I get surgery for the lapband on august 6th. I went to my pre op and I got the prescription for the liquid pain meds. So I took it to the pharmacy already cause I heard some people had a problem getting it the surgery day. I had to hav it ordered. Anyway to the point....I picked it up today and te bottle is HUGE.. Please tell me I will not need all this and the dr. is just making sure I hve plenty. Or am I going to be in much more pain then I thought. Please any advice would be great cause now I am a nervous wreck.... Kelly
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/07 6:33 am - AZ
I didn't have a lot of pain. I actually didn't take any pain meds. Well I took one but it came back up.
You will be sore but only for a few days.
I had a hard time using my stomach mucsles getting out of the recliner...
A heating pad works well so have one of those handy.
carolem
on 7/26/07 7:20 am - Austin , TX

My husband and I both had lapband surgery.  Hubby went first, he never even used his pain medication, so when I had mine a couple of months later, I didn't bother to fill my rx.  I used a little of it, not right away but as I was walking more there would be some days my incisions would really hurt.  Between the pain medication and the heating pad I did fine. 

It's just a dull ache, you really feel quite well right after surgery.  You'll be amazed when your allowed to get up and walk that it's not that difficult.  Go into the surgery as relaxed as you possibly can and you'll breeze right through.

Carole M

ginau
on 7/26/07 12:48 pm - mesa, AZ

Ya gotta love the Dr - he is just making sure you have enough!  I had RNY and took 3 dosages over 2 days at home, I think I used it more about 4 months later when I pulled my  back  or just need a really good nights sleep.  Everyone has a differant pain level, You may not need any at all, But better safe than sorry ,  I do keep a good supply of Tylenol on hand .  Only meds a RNY'er can take .

David S.
on 7/26/07 1:04 pm
I had open RNY, and took almost none of the Meds once I got coming home from the hospital.  My meds were pills, which may be a difference between RNY and the BAND.  I've heard all different kinds of stories from people who have different levels of pain and healing.  Just remember to take it easy, and give your body time to heal! --Dave
Dave from AZ     
JRinAZ
on 7/26/07 1:12 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there Cutie Patootie! He's just giving you a HUGE supply so when you do your upcoming 3 hour workouts you can have a little sip!  LOL! Everyone is different......way better to be covered than to wish there was a bit more! I had one sip when I got home and was good to go.....my hubby on the other  hand must have thought it was like antibiotics cuz he faithfully took every bit of it!  ......Yup!  He's a whimp!  :) Just relax and dream of itty bitty new clothes.........Shopping therapy is in your future!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/07 2:35 pm - AZ
Oh my gosh!! I just want to thank you all for replying back to me and putting me at ease. I have to sy I am proud t say I am a part of this board cause your all great!!! Thanks for all the support I really do appreciate it all!! Thanks guys!! Kelly
Most Active