Question about incision pain?

Desertflower
on 7/25/07 3:51 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi to everyone. I have a question for you "veteran" bypass patients.  I have been home since saturday and I still have quite a bit of pain on my left side...from my waist & belly button to my hip area. I would say that without medication it is a 7 or 8 on the scale when I move around. Is this normal, or am I just being overly cautious?  All my incisions look fine and I don't have a fever or vomiting.  Just wonder how long it takes for the pain to sub-side? Thanks so much for your help. Robin
Nicole W.
on 7/25/07 3:54 pm - Cave Creek, AZ

Robin, That sounds normal.  But just to be safe call the office tomorrow... I think you press either 4 or 5 for the nurses line.  They will definately give you an answer.  My friend had surgery with Dr. B last Wednesday and he told me tonight he has a little bit of numbness on the left side, so I told him the same thing, call in the morning, it will rest your worries. Congrats on your surgery! ~Nicole

TinkerBell

Desertflower
on 7/25/07 4:07 pm - Mesa, AZ
Thanks Nicole, That is good advice.  I'll do it. Robin
tall_girl99_2000
on 7/29/07 2:08 pm - Chandler, AZ
 The 8-10 scale part of it lasted about a week and then it went down to about 3-5 the next week and pretty soon it was 1-3 then nothing. If you are still sore after two weeks, call the office for sure. I hope all is well. 

Most Active