cool...my fill under fluro....

AvasGrammy
on 7/23/07 7:18 am - Chandler, AZ
I went to the hospital this morning for my UGI and fill....wow...what an experience!!! I had the best DR. who did this fill..it was the first time I met him but he was great! He put the screen so I could see everything!!! I saw my band...the port...and all the tubing too!!! He had me drink the barium and checked my band and it is in good placement and checked out great!!! My esophagus is great and all went well!!! I was so happy...then he started the fill....I was suppose to have 7.4ccs in my band but when he took out all the fluid I only had 6ccs....he started having me drink the barium....he said watching the barium go through that i didnt have good restriction at 6ccs...and i was too open....so he added 2ccs and put me at 8ccs in my band and had me drink ...i felt alittle restriction with that....then he was going to add 1 more cc but i was alittle afraid of that since i have had a problem with throwing up in the past...so we left it at 8cc.... He made a CD for me and i was one happy camper!!!  It was a great experience...if possible i would like to have my next fill done under fluro as well...seems the best way to go...and you can also have your band checked too while you are there!!! Hope everyone is having a great day!!! LuAnne
David S.
on 7/23/07 10:16 am
Glad to hear everything went well for you.   This is a happy ending to your story!!    --Dave
Dave from AZ     
AvasGrammy
on 7/23/07 3:58 pm - Chandler, AZ
Thank you Dave!!! I have great hope now that I can lose the rest of the weight i want to....thanks for caring! LuAnne
JRinAZ
on 7/23/07 2:55 pm - Layton, UT
LuAnne, It sounds like you had a pretty cool field trip today!  Dinner and a movie, huh????  I hear "happy" back into your posts!  Yay!  I hope this does the trick for you!!!! Take care of YOU!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

AvasGrammy
on 7/23/07 4:02 pm - Chandler, AZ
Joyce, Yep...it was sooooo cool!!! Love the dinner and movie thing...haha....no food for me for awhile...i am on liquids...LOL Thanks...i feel much better about what is to come....and I am hoping that since this fill was the first one that we could really see what was happening that it will be the beginning of me finishing the work I have begun on myself...but then again it will never be finished now will it??? This will be my life forever....but I look forward to getting to where i want to be... Thank you for caring....I miss you!!! LuAnne
Most Active