4 weeks out already

gawump
on 7/23/07 1:23 am - Farmington, NM

Wow how fast things fly by.  Today marks my fourth week since surgery.  I am feeling better every day, and things resemble a "normal" life again.  I've been back to work for a week, and since it is mostly working at a computer; it has been relatively easy to go back.  I have lost 48.5 pounds, total (including pre-op) and I couldn't be happier about that.  I can hardly wait to loose some more so I can begin to feel more energetic.   I will admit, I get bummed out about the loss of food.  My head wants hot dogs, pizza, sandwiches, tacos, etc.  You know all the foods I cannot have!  It is really tough going to a party or function, because I cannot snack, and when a meal is served, it is never something I can eat.  Case in point.  My wife and I are expecting a baby in about a month.  Last Sat.  our families threw us a baby shower co-ed.  They served a meal.  Green chili chicken enchiladas, posole, Spanish rice, and tortillas.  I had to bring cheese and soy beans, because couldn't eat any of the food they prepared.  It all smelled so wonderful!!!  I really wished I had not had the surgery that day! My wife is doing well, although she is getting a large belly.  It bothers her, but I think she is beautiful!  I remind her that pregnancy is natural and beautiful, but I think my words are falling on deaf ears.  I do love her so, and wish she could see herself through my eyes! I'll try to keep everyone updated as I go through this...   Richard I

A journey of a thousand steps begins with the first one

LAP RNY 06/25/2007

dfavre
on 7/23/07 11:56 am - Maricopa, AZ
I know what you mean.  I had to fill my son's Easter baskets shortly after my surgery.  It was killing me to put jelly beans, chocolate rabits, caterberry eggs (sp?) all into the basket!  I still miss pizza the most.  I hate going out to eat with them, but this is a good thing because we have saved a lot on our dining out bill as a result!  I;m glad to hear your wife is doing well.   Keep in touch, K?  Oh, BTW  48.5 lbs!!!!!!!  WOWZA~!  Your'e gonna feel awesome in no time!
ginau
on 7/24/07 9:06 am - mesa, AZ
our doing great !!!  the food is a small sacrafice right now  down the road you will be able  to enjoy a smaller portion , I am so happy to hear Marcie is doing well ! cant wait to see a pic of the baby !  Hang in there, ist will be 100 lbs down before you know it !
Most Active