Proud Mom

HarleyGirl
on 7/21/07 7:38 am - Maricopa, AZ

I have a story to share with all of you.  If any of you are KNIX listeners, you know about the Unsung Hero contest that is going on. They do promo's a couple of times a day. Well my Son won this  months contest. On Mother's day this year my son(29), daughter(31), grandaughter(11) and grandson(12) were all out quad riding along a canal bank. Son, and grandson were on one, daughter and neice were on the other.  My daughter and grandaughter went into the canal. My daughter managed to push my grandaughter to the side to climb up a ladder however my daughter was sucked into a 400 yard tunnel(no air pocket) and was under water 3-4 mins. When she came out the other side my son jumped in the canal and while treading water did CPR and kept them afloat until rescue could arrive, he could not get her out of the canal on his own, he held on to a crack in the cement bank. When the family got there they were able to pull her out by tying belts and jumper cables together. They were in the water approx 30-40 min. Needless to say he is our hero. His fiance nominated him for the contest and he was selected. We are so proud of all of them because of their level heads and quick action saved her life and my grandaughter's. I thank God for a big strong son, his quick action and his Marine training! Just wanted to share. God Bless Paula Open RNY 4/1/4 330/195/TT4/13/7 would like to see 20 more go! some day

His Harley Girl
Open RNY 4/1/4
330/195/TT 4/13/7 Working on -20 more
JRinAZ
on 7/21/07 8:23 am - Layton, UT
Good thing it's Saturday and make-up is NOT an issue!  I'm a slobbery mess!  ......Thank you for sharing that  incredible story Paula!  Kudos to your son and  all involved!  Those involved in Miracles are "HIS" hands! Congrats on the recognition!  It sounds like it  is well deserved!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

HarleyGirl
on 7/21/07 8:53 am - Maricopa, AZ
Amen to that!  Hey I'll be at Dr. Gitt's on Tue for my 3 mos check up. Maybe I'll see you.
His Harley Girl
Open RNY 4/1/4
330/195/TT 4/13/7 Working on -20 more
Most Active