Night before surgery JITTERS!!!

Desertflower
on 7/18/07 2:54 pm - Mesa, AZ
Well, I've done just about everything I can think of tonight to get ready for my surgery tomorrow morning.  My bags are packed, my pillows are in the car.  I am bringing a "chap-stick" and a CD player.  I've done the bowel prep ballet...all day...and eaten jello to bursting. Somehow, this all seems so unreal to me.  Its hard to imagine that by tomorrow afternoon my body will undergo a dramatic change that will impact the rest of my life.  I don't know if I am feeling worried or scared - or just excited at all the possibilities that are ahead of me. This was no easy road either.  As many of you know, I have been trying to obtain approval for about 2 years...finally had a surgery date for LAST October and then was told I needed the 6 months of a Dr. supervised program.  Happily, I was scheduled for tomorrow with Dr. Blackstone. Today, I am like a little kid that knows they are going to Disneyland for the first time...and can't sleep or relax.  Of course I am afraid that I will forget something, but all in all I'm glad that everything has worked out the way it did. It is all of you that have taught and inspired me.  I have you to thank for keeping me positive when I just wanted to give up and resign myself to suffering in this body.  I have read your stories, laughed and cried with you, and most important made some wonderful friends. I will write again when I come home.  Take care and God Bless. Robin
quiltz
on 7/18/07 3:58 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Robin!  I'll be right behind you at Shea tomorrow.  I'm scheduled with Dr. B at 1 PM.  We'll walk a few laps in the hall.  I'm with you on being stuff on Jello and the porcelain trot continues, but nothing can make me not look forward to tomorrow.
Desertflower
on 7/18/07 4:22 pm - Mesa, AZ
I will be watching for you...if I am awake...ha-ha. Good luck to you and Gob Bless. Robin
quiltz
on 7/18/07 5:17 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I have a good feeling sleep is the one thing we won't get much of in the hospital.  Sounds like the ambulation police keep you walking all the time!
(deactivated member)
on 7/19/07 2:08 am - AZ
Good Luck today.
Most Active