Chandler support group?? And fill questions???

soon2bnewme
on 7/18/07 6:08 am - Chandler, AZ
Could someone tell me where you find information on when the Chandler support group meetings are?  I know Joyce has told me in the past but I always forget and I really would like to start going.   Next,  lapbanders how do you know when you need a fill?  Is it when you can eat more food at a meal and keep eating and eating or is it when you are starving before the next meal 4 hours away?  I had a fill in June and I've actually gained 5 pounds which is a first to me.  I'm not eating a ton of food but more then normal.  I can eat steak, chicken, potatoes, rice pretty much anything without a problem. And I can eat breads with no problems.  I do have a sense of fullness but for God sakes most people say they feel like they can't eat these things and everything is going down just peachy.  I don't want to keep getting a fill maybe it's just in my head.  How do YOU know if you need a fill?  I'm eating 3 times a day and not snacking I just don't understand why it's been 6 weeks and I'm gaining.  I want to not be able to eat all that at a meal am I wrong to think that way? Renee'

"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you, never excuse yourself." Henry Ward Beecher  
314/282/156.4/135 (Heaviest/Pre-Op/Current/GOAL) 
Total lost since Banded on August 14th, 2006 "-125.6" pounds  
Total lost since 8/05 "-157.6" pounds

SKennedy13
on 7/18/07 12:27 pm - Queen Creek, AZ
Lap Band on 05/02/07 with
I am not sure about the fill question, I still wonder about that my self. I know Banner is going to start support groups on Higley and US 60 in August. 
JRinAZ
on 7/18/07 1:46 pm - Layton, UT
Hi there Cutie Patootie Renee' !!!!!

What's up with your fill dilema????  If you  can chow down more than the 4 to 6 oz of lean protein that Doc Simpson suggests then you definitely need a fill!  Any chance you've had slippage?  ......You've done very well.  Do you think your body is wanting to catch up with losing inches for a while vs losing pounds?

Chandler Support Group - All are WElcome!!!

2nd Weds and 4th Tuesday from 6 to 7:30 pm
Chandler Regional Hospital on Frye and Dobson
Enter from the East Main entrance (by E.R. side)
Take elevator to lower level.  Turn left towards the pharmacy and then a quick right to conference rooms 1 and 2.

This coming Tuesday will be facilitated by Jen and Todd (successful Lap Band couple....Jen works for Dr. DeBarros; Lap Band surgeon)

See y'all there!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

jenncarson
on 7/19/07 10:47 am - AZ
You shouldn't be able to eat bread, you shouldn't be able to eat steak and you shouldn't be feeling hungry or eating your current amount of food. If you stop losing weight and especially if you gain weight--- you should get a fill. Call in and make an appointment!  There are five or six banders in the Chandler Support Group. Jen B is a really good Band mentor to Valley Banders so e-mail her if you have more questions.  Please, come and see us!  -Jenn C in Chandler (Lap Band w/ DeBarros)
JRinAZ
on 7/19/07 1:53 pm - Layton, UT
Hey Jenn! Many bandsters can eat tender steak even easier than chicken.  It's one of those "one size does not fit all" kinds of things.  And, different docs programs suggest different things.  I totally agree that if you are hungry, not losing; maybe even gaining....that a "fill" should be on the agenda!!!  But, many Band programs actually suggest lean grilled meats of all kinds as an aid in keeping the pouch full longer than the softer proteins. ......Steak, chicken or fish.....all should have the "Chew, Chew, Chew" mantra going with it!  :) I second your invitation to come to the Chandler group!!!!  We totally rock!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active