Who's walking with me?

JRinAZ
on 7/17/07 4:31 am - Layton, UT

I'm doing some early a.m. walking to get ready for the upcoming Walk from Obesity.  Who's going to to walk with me????  I've participated in this walk several times and it is always fun to join with zillions of post weight loss folks from all programs, all surgeon's, all surgery types....to earn money for the fight against obesity!!!!!   If you've wonderd what you could ever do to champion the cause against insurances, legislations, etc.  This can be a voice!!!   Just WALK!!! 

Saturday,October 6, 2007 - 7 a.m.

Scottsdale Community College Outdoor Track

9000 E. Chaparral Rd., Scottsdale

For more information, call 480-391-3294

or visit WalkFromObesity.com

Save the date and watch for registration materials in July

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

flyrep
on 7/17/07 6:20 pm - AZ
Are we walking around an outdoor track? I live in Aj but have just started walking!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

JRinAZ
on 7/18/07 1:36 pm - Layton, UT
It's a beautiful TRACK.  The event is enclosed in the field area with vendor's, healthy snacks, and terrific door prizes!  In fact, my girlfriend in our Chandler Support group won the custom made bike.  She'd said to me just be fore the drawing that if she won then I could have her new bike that she'd just  bought!  ....So, we both got a new bike from the event!!!  :) It's a great cause!
Joyce 

flyrep
on 7/18/07 1:56 pm - AZ
lol didnt I just meet you today! :)

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

JRinAZ
on 7/18/07 2:38 pm - Layton, UT
Nope!  I just have one of those faces that everyone has known at some point in their life! Just kidding!  Yup!  That was me! .....I take my shoes off at night  though and just turn into a regular support board chatter who needs a little support and gives a little support!  I try to keep a low profile so that no one knows that I work at the most incredible place in the world seeing successful weight loss patients get their dream bodies through Post Bariataric plastic surgery!  .......Ah Oh.....I'm going off into my advertising mode again...............*wink, wink* It was very nice meeting you!  You are going to have an amazing life packed with all that info you have been gathering!  LOSER'S Rock! P.S.  Your little girls are precious!
Joyce 

flyrep
on 7/18/07 2:33 pm - AZ
Shoot by that time Ill have some of this weight off of me! Hubby and I just spoke and we'd like to do it. Wondering though if they allow strollers? My 6 year just informed me she would like to walk as well. 

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

jenncarson
on 7/19/07 11:10 am - AZ
I am 100% doing the Walk. -Jenn C in Chandler
JRinAZ
on 7/19/07 1:59 pm - Layton, UT
It would be fun to design a "team" t-shirt!  .....Two years ago, the Chandler group had turquoise t's that had a glacier melting til it was a puddle.  We had the caption "melting away in AZ"!!!  We got a prize for looking awesome and being united! Any ideas?????
Joyce 

Most Active