Get me a gun!

quiltz
on 7/16/07 4:58 am - Phoenix, AZ
Seriously, I'm not too happy right now.  Dr. B's office just called and moved my surgery from today at 4 to Thursday at 2.  Wonder if I can get a volume discount on Mag Citrate?
M. clarke
on 7/16/07 7:05 am
Oh you poor thing! I would be sad if I already drank that and then got rescheduled too. That stuff is soooo nasty :( Then again I wouldn't want to go into surgery until things were perfect for the procedure. So what ever the reason, if they were backed up in the surgery room, or if it was something on Dr. B's schedule I don't think they would reschedule you if it wasn't necessary. Better to reschedule and have ample time for her to focus on you then squeeze you into a crowded surgery room or under imperfect conditions. I know you must be very disappointed. Hang in there! Thursday will be here and over before you know it.
lemarie22
on 7/16/07 11:49 am - Glendale, AZ

When my mother was diagnosed with colon cancer, she had to do the whole cleansing ritual with Go-Lytely before they went in to remove 1/2 her colon.  Let me tell you, there's nothing light about drinking a whole gallon of Go-Lytely and the Magnesium Citrate is 10000 times better.  After she had been cleansed, they came into her hospital room and told her the surgery was postponed because some lab results had not come back.  I thought the woman was going to strangle the nurse with an IV tube.  Well, all that day and the next, they wouldn't let her eat.  Finally, about 48 hours after the first surgery was supposed to have taken place and she had been at least 3 days without food, they came in and told her surgery would be in a couple of hours.  By that time, she would have gladly given up her colon, a lung and  probably a kidney for a pork tenderloin sandwich.  I thought I was being funny and told her that she would have to drink the Go-Lytely again.   Her eyes welled up and as a big tear slid down her cheek, she said, "I just can't do it.  Please don't make me go through that again."  Oh my God, I never felt so bad in my life.  "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."  I kept apologizing and felt like such a jerk.  My dear, sweet mother who has never laid a hand on me in my entire life, sat straight up in bed and would have slapped the sh*t out of me if she could have moved fast enough.   Hang in there.  It will be over before you know it. Connie

quiltz
on 7/16/07 1:47 pm - Phoenix, AZ
You are right...it could be worse!!!  Thanks.
carolem
on 7/17/07 5:00 am - Austin , TX

There is only one bright side to this, you'll be losing some extra weight with doing this process twice this week!

Seriously, your lucky you were rescheduled within the same week.  Usually when this happens, it's a couple of months out.  Think how happy those people are! 

Good luck with your surgery, soon it will be a dull memory of a little inconvience.

Carole M

quiltz
on 7/17/07 5:20 am - Phoenix, AZ
That is true except for one little thing!  You see, I was one that was already moved out 3 months when Dr. B. changed her scheduling practices!!!  I am going to have the cleanest colon is Arizona.  I must reallllly be committed to this surgery. Honestly though, I know this happened because it was the right thing and this time next week when I am firmly on the other side it will be a moot point.  Can't wait to see you on the other side.
desert rat
on 7/17/07 2:29 pm - Goodyear, AZ
My surgery was so long ago that Dr. B wasn't having any of her current scheduling problems but I still had to have a little drama in my life.  I was scheduled for surgery on June 7th at 8 a.m.  At 3 a.m. on the 7th, I had to go to the ER because I had developed a SCREAMING urinary tract infection with lots of blood.   Needless to say, my surgery was cancelled.  I had been fighting with my insurance company for 5 years to get approved and then this.  All I could think was that I was NEVER going to have the surgery...EVER.    The surgery was rescheduled for July 8th but let me tell you, I was one crabby witch for those 5 weeks.  Nothing could cheer me up.  I was Eyore, the sad donkey from Winnie the Pooh.  I was sad and depressed with a black cloud following me around but that was two years ago and now, it's just a really good story, huh? Hang in there.  It will be worth it and the delay really will be just a memory soon.  Of course if anyone had told me that, I'd have bitten their head off. Dj
 Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
quiltz
on 7/18/07 3:35 am - Phoenix, AZ
Yep, you know the tension drill!  I'm over my mad and now focused on doing the mag citrate today and getting to Shea tomorrow.  I just hope there is a cushion on that bench for my hemorrhoids!  Thanks for the good words.
vquigley
on 7/19/07 2:13 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Having just gone through the cleansing process myself recently, I empathize greatly.  It will all be over soon and you then be on the losing side.  Good luck! Virginia
Desertflower
on 7/25/07 4:16 pm - Mesa, AZ
You must've gone in right after me that day...I was scheduled for Noon-ish on Thursday. How did everything go?  I hope that you are doing fine and feeling better every day. Robin
Most Active