RARE - 5month post op pic

johnb_az
on 7/15/07 9:48 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi,   I though I would share a "rare" moment.  A picture of me in a suit... It is located on my profile page, not sure how to bring it here or the link. Thanks for the read, Doc
poohspal
on 7/15/07 3:04 pm - AZ
I think its time for a brand new Avatar boy!!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
M. clarke
on 7/15/07 6:50 pm
WOW Doc! Your picture looks awsome. You are shrinking away!!!! Are you at goal now? You look fantastic! Congrats on doing such a fantastic job!
johnb_az
on 7/15/07 10:22 pm, edited 7/15/07 10:24 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Poohspal - I will get a new Avatar next time I get another picture on a ride.  I really do love my motorcycles... LissC - I am now 10lbs from goal! Strange thing though, I still think I am heavy .  There are times when I feel less than adequate.  Like sometimes I feel like I eat too much and am over the 5 level, I look down expecting to see a large abdomen sticking out from my last meal and it is not there.  I have also noticed is that people look at me.  This has happened a bit over the last few months.  I think the "invisible fat person" is gone and people take the time to get eye contact.  It took a while to figure this out.  I first thought maybe my clothes were disheveled or my hair was unkempt and it  made me feel insecure as they looked at me.  I think it will take time for me to lose this self image of being inadequate... but I am working on it.
desert rat
on 7/17/07 1:30 pm - Goodyear, AZ
John, The body dismorphic issues take a long time to get over if we ever do get over them.  I passed 2 years on the 8th and have been at goal for months but I still hold up my size 4 pants and I KNOW that I can't fit in them.  Then I put them on and they fit!!!  Unfortunately, when I look in the mirror I still see much bigger.  I SEE size 12 or 14.  At least I don't see size 28+ but I definitely don't see size 4.   If you, or anyone, knows how to learn to see what other's see, bottle it and sell it...you'll make millions!  Dj
 Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
MARY OTU
on 7/17/07 1:40 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Oh my Gosh! What happened to Scruffy-harley Doc? You look so handsome! Wow! Mary
Most Active