Jamba Juice

Celeste B.
on 7/13/07 7:02 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
Has anyone post-WLS had Jamba Juice or any type of smoothies that can be purchased when on the road?
JRinAZ
on 7/13/07 8:33 am - Layton, UT
Jamba Juice may initiate a dumping episode for some with the high fructose and lactose; not to mention calories!  How about the Muscle Milk Light in the juice box style cartons?  I just did several days on the road and kept them in my travel cooler to drink whenever.  I've seen them at regular grocery stores but I bought mine at High Healht. Also, a scoope of protein powder in a zip lock can esily have the corner clipped and then shaken into a water bottle to shake up and drink whenever.... Enjoy your trip!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Celeste B.
on 7/16/07 1:52 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
I unfortunatly wore myself out on Muscle Milk pre-op and now cannot drink it post-op but, I bought some whey protein finally this weekend and it has been great for me. I just wanted to know because it is so hot, is there a treat available for us post-op than can be purchased to cool us off during the hot summer days
poohspal
on 7/13/07 1:37 pm - AZ
Some how that just doesn't sound as yummyI guess I better get use to it huh?
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
jenncarson
on 7/13/07 2:41 pm - AZ
Sue- Bander can have smoothies. I have Jamba Juice or TCBY once a week for one of my meals as a treat. We don't have "dumping" or sugar issues. We just need to be very cautious about liquid calories and have them occasionally.-Jenn
poohspal
on 7/13/07 3:22 pm - AZ
Reason #462 why i chose the band!  Life is good again!!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
Nicole W.
on 7/13/07 5:39 pm - Cave Creek, AZ

I have had Jamba Juice on a few different occassions so far...  I used to suck down those things as a pre-op constantly... but not anymore.  The Peach Pleasure which was my favorite has serbert and lots of other stuff that is very high in sugar. 

I usually get the ones that have the non-fat yogurt and are soy based.  I always get double protein boost also.  I have not had any real problems, but I don't dump on many things either. Otherwise, when I am on the road I have Premier Protein bars that have 30 grams of Protein in them.

TinkerBell

lemarie22
on 7/14/07 2:39 am - Glendale, AZ
Let me tell you a story... I was about a month or so out from surgery when a friend suggested that we go to Robeck's for a protein packed drink.  The twit at the counter had no clue of the nutritional content of anything so I took my best guess.  I ordered a small peanut butter drink with extra protein and away we went.  I was walking through World Market with my drink, feeling pretty sexy and full of myself because I was already about thirty pounds lighter when it hit... The Mother of All Dumping Episodes.  It was my first experience with dumping and it was a doozey.   First I went and laid on the the bathroom floor and moaned for a while.  What if I died in there and no one found me for a while?  I moved out to the furniture section and laid on a couch and sweat, and moaned and sweat and moaned.  Sales people kept asking if I was OK and I kept groaning that I was just fine.  I think they were about ready to call an ambulance when the whole thing was over as suddenly as it started.  I got up, bought some glasses and left.   On my way home, I stopped back at Robeck's and talked to a manager who got me a nutritional pamphlet.  I had just drunk 57 grams of sugar.  Make sure you know the sugar content of what you're drinking.  I haven't had a shake or smoothie that I didn't make myself in the three years since that happened.  I'm even wary of ordering drinks from Starbucks with sugar-free syrup because twice I've had them use the fully sugared stuff instead of sugar-free and I've paid the price.  Connie
Celeste B.
on 7/16/07 1:56 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
WOW!! Connie thanks for that reality check. You are so right, the people behind the counter are not totally in tuned to what we need. So, therefore, as the old saying goes "be careful what you ask for"
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/07 5:15 am - AZ
THe only thing I will try at JAmba Juice is the freshly squeezed Carrot and OJ, very natural not sugar added(there are calories) and lots of ice. Not too bad....
Most Active