Going back to work...

justcuz
on 7/13/07 12:57 am - Maricopa, AZ
Question for those of you that had Lap RYN. How long did it take for you to be able to go back to work? Even just light duty / desk type stuff? I've heard anywhere from 2-5 weeks so I'm curious on the rest of you T

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/07 2:09 am - AZ
I went to work on the 10th day after my surgery. It almost does you some good to get out of the house. I makes you move where as when you stay at the house you stay more sedetary.  Good luck on your upcoming surgery...Erin
MARY OTU
on 7/13/07 2:16 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I went back to work pt/desk work 10 days after surgery. However, I was TIRED. Needed my nap every day. Full time would have beeen a bad idea. I think a minimum of two full weeks is best,3 preferrable. If you have sick time use it! If you need to get back for finanacial reasons ask to work pt or from hom if you can. Good luck, Mary
alligatorpgr
on 7/13/07 4:02 am - PHOENIX, AZ

My Dr gave me 3 weeks off work for Lap RNY, and then I took a week of vacation, so I was out for 4 weeks.  I felt really good at two weeks out, but now that I'm back to work, I'm a lot more tired.  Best wishes Alli

ALLI 
246/140/127

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/13/07 5:16 am - Tucson, AZ
I took off two full weeks and then worked half days for 1 week.  I did light housekeeping while I was home and rested a lot.   I would have gone crazy had I been home longer than 2-3 weeks  though. 
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

pwrightt
on 7/13/07 1:22 pm - PHOENIX, AZ

6 paid weeks off and loved every minute of it. Never felt tired when I did go back. In fact my 5th week after surgery was my worse. Then all of a sudden the next week I felt totally different. I now have enough energy for two people. Good luck Pam

justcuz
on 7/13/07 4:58 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Thank you everyone, this gives me a great idea of what to expect. I know I missed 2 weeks with my Gallbladder which was LAP and 5 weeks with my cyst removal, but that was a 13 in*****ision.  :-)

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

Most Active