OMGoodness!!!!

karen_n_az
on 7/11/07 1:45 pm, edited 7/11/07 1:58 pm - Thatcher, AZ

I just got my approval, well actually earlier today!!!! Jennifer, from Dr. Fangs office called and said that the fax came through this morning!!!  Now all I have to do is wait until Heather gives me a call to set up the date! 

It has been well over a year that I have been working towards this, never really thinking the day would come that I would be approved!  But I kept going because I believed what my Doc was saying.  

I don't know what to do first!  Do I jump up and down, cry or just remain eerily calm?  I have to say that I have been extremely calm about it all.  I thought I would be so happy that I would cry.  I guess I'm just one of those people that will cry after I come out of the actual surgery.  I don’t like to get all outta sorts till I actually have what I want in hand.  

So can anyone out there give me an idea of what to look forward to now?  Will I have to have another consult with Dr. Fang.   I haven’t met with him in at least six months.  About how long do I have to wait for an actual surgery date?  I have my second block of nursing coming up on August 20th.  I would like to keep going to college and still have the surgery at the same time.  There is nothing hard to do at school.  Just show up mostly, for three days a week and sit for a few hours.  I don’t have any actual clinicals till further into the semester.  So I think I should be fine.  What do you guys think?  Can I do it?  Will I have to see the Doc again before the actual surgery date?  I’ll take all advice!  THANK YOU!

~~~The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.~~~

Nicole W.
on 7/11/07 3:08 pm - Cave Creek, AZ

Congrats on your approval!  I was estasic when I got approved.  So cry happy tears! As for doing your clinicals...  I was a nursing student for many years and we did alot of walking around and standing.  Bending over to do various things and stuff... the normal stuff.  I just know for me the first few weeks, it was difficult to stand up right for long periods of time, I would get tightness in my incision areas as everything was healing.

But it is really up to you and how you are feeling... but I also understand it is important to get your clinicals done so you keep yourself on track.  Maybe ask your surgeon for his opinion. Good Luck! ~Nicole

TinkerBell

poohspal
on 7/11/07 11:24 pm - AZ
Super Duper day for Karen!! If you get your date at the beginning of Aug I bet you will be fine while you do classes. If you get it closer to school just let your instructor know about your surgery (don't have to say LB) just major surgery and I am sure they will be more understanding to you through the first few weeks.  You hear people go back to work after a week, so this is a breeze. You can do this!  You have waited long enough don't put it off and Heck! We really need nurses and its so hard to get in to school so stay there too!  You are Woman!  Hear you Roar! You can do anything!.  Way to Go Karen!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
karen_n_az
on 7/12/07 2:12 am - Thatcher, AZ
you guys are so awesome!  I can't wait to take a family picture.  Being married for eleven years and no pictures of the family is terrible.  My kids pictures are all over the walls.   Did any of you tell your kids that you were having surgery?  My daughter just turned four but my son is ten.  I've talked with him about it in the past and he didn't like the idea much and said he liked me just the way I am.  Little sweety!  Should I say something to him? thanks, karen

~~~The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.~~~

justcuz
on 7/12/07 3:53 pm - Maricopa, AZ
You will be dealing with Heather now. She is a very nice lady, but you may find that you will have to call her sometimes if she doesn't get back to you. She will schedule your date and let you know what pre-work you will need. Make sure to ask her if Dr Fang wants to meet with you again. This way you can have any new questions answered. You will have more tests, especially from hosipital side and you will meet with the folks that will help you post surgery and let you know the dos and don't again.  Be excited, ask all questions you have, and good luck T

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

karen_n_az
on 7/12/07 4:47 pm - Thatcher, AZ

Around about how long does it take to get the surgery complete?  Jennifer told me to call Heather in about three days if she doesn't get with me.   I called my Nursing instructor today and she said she could work with me on my clinical days and that she would even reschedule days that I would need to make up.  She is really happy that I am doing this.  She did say, however, that I should try and get it done asap.  I have to be at Chandler Hospital this semester.  What fun! I can't wait!!!!  So many great things are coming up!!

justcuz
on 7/13/07 1:07 am - Maricopa, AZ
I don't think he is that far out on his dates. I bet they could do you late Aug or early Sept. When you get ahold of Heather, she will give you your tentitive date, so have in mind what you are hoping for. Once she confirms with the hospital she will confirm the date for you. Make sure you know the hosptial too. He does St Lukes and Good Sam. Not sure if you are stuck with one hospital or not.  Let us know your date. I'm Aug 17th.... T

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

poohspal
on 7/13/07 2:16 pm - AZ

I told my kids.  They are 7,6,and 4.  They don't fully understand obviously, but i explained  "I wanted to be an even better Mommy and ride bikes and run and play with them.  So Mommy went to see a special Doctor who is going to do an operation on my Tummy.  I will be sore for a little while but then i will start to get more and more healthy!   And together we will have so much fun.  Wont that be great!?"  my oldest is a little upset about the surgery, but she loves the idea of helping me pick out my very own bike!   (hope it isn't too sparkley)

296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
flyrep
on 7/13/07 2:49 pm - AZ
I had a meeting with him today. I have a date for Sept 25th. Im thinking I wont be using Blackstone after all. Im gonna give it the weekend and go from there.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Jeanne G.
on 7/14/07 3:49 pm - Peoria, AZ

I am with Dr Juarez (same office) at St lukes Bridges. If you are going there here is how it happened with me. Got the call that I had been approved, next day got the call of my surgery date of 9/4/07. A few days later I got instructions in the mail which mapped everything out even your post op appointment is set for 10 days after surgery. Everything you need done or to do is personalized on this sheet. All othr questions I am saving for teaching day. A few days later I got a call from the hospital to set up my preop tests. I then called to schedule my "teaching day" which is also in your instructions. It is a 3 hour workshop usually the tuesday before your surgery. That was it for me , now I just wait!

Jeanne G

Most Active