Does anyone have or had DR. JUAREZ for WLS???

Jeanne G.
on 7/11/07 2:39 pm - Peoria, AZ
Found it thanks. She is doing great! Has no regrets at all. I guess you just have to go with your gut. Everyones experiences are different even if they are the same doctor and hospital. Alot depends on the persons attitude too. We all know that all hospitals are understaffed and nurses overworked and under appreciated.I think some people think they are on vacation at a spa resort and want to be waited on. As far as the condition of the hosptal, I know that it is under construction and older then alot of others in town.
flyrep
on 7/11/07 3:20 pm - AZ
Right. I just want it to be clean and when staff is to be coming in to come in. There was a lot said about that with this hospital. Is the aftercare at the doctors office or at the hospital?

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

justcuz
on 7/12/07 3:43 pm - Maricopa, AZ

I believe he also will work with Good Sam ( I know Dr Fang does and they share office).  Good Sam is very clean and friendly. I know St Lukes isn't much to look at, i'm not sure about the rooms since I haven't been in them. But when I did have my other surgery, I fell in love with Good Sam.

------------
                     laughter is the key to life     

Lee S.
on 7/12/07 4:11 pm - peoria, AZ
jeanne, I had him and for the resaons you mentioned, i changed doctors.
karen G.
on 7/13/07 5:29 am - Phoenix, AZ
I'm with Lee on this one.  And am partial to Dr. Steven Simon... Loved him.  =0) 

pwrightt
on 7/13/07 12:58 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
I had Dr.Juarez for my surgery on Dec. 27th. I am just over 6 months post op and have lost 91lbs. Dr. Juarez is the BEST in my opinion. He is quiet. But if you have 100 questions he will sit and answer all of them. If you want a skilled surgeon he's awesome. On top of that I have had about 3 post op visits and everyone I actually saw Dr.Juarez. It all depends what you are looking for. If you like a lot of fluff he's not your doctor. But if you want a very skilled surgeon he's your man.
Whoever you chose be comfortable with your decision. This is a major life event.
Good luck
Pam
Crewzer
on 7/30/07 8:32 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hmm Dr. Juarez. Let's see. I would say that he is a very straight forward hard working professional. At my one year checkup, he was extremely pleased with progress. I asked him if it gets disapointing sometimes that some people fail his surgery. (you know, not following the rules and eating stuff they are not supposed to.) His comment was very interesting. People don't realize, this is elective surgery. He puts his reputation and license on the line with each one. That seemed to explain alot. I would go back to him in a heartbeat. I chose Banner Good Sam over St. Lukes because of the conditions there. I just felt that Banner was a more modern, not necessarily more effecient hospital. No complaints, no regrets.
Jennysue82
on 7/31/07 10:35 pm
Dr Juarez is very straight forward, but answers questions til he's blue in the face - i love that.  i'm a RN and when he found that out he cut to the chase, let me ask my questions and put his answers in terms he knew i understood.  he works on many levels and can relate to anyone, just have your questions ready and your homework done. i'm scheduled for surgery sept 20th at banner. i can't wait!!
Most Active