Does anyone have or had DR. JUAREZ for WLS???

flyrep
on 7/10/07 11:00 am - AZ
Does anyone have or had DR. JUAREZ for WLS??? If so could you share your thoughts about him. And how he does WLS? Thanks!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/10/07 11:38 pm - Tucson, AZ
I had Dr. Juarez for my surgeon and was very pleased with him.  Some people will say he does not have a very good bedside manner and in some ways that is true.  You have to ask him questions.  He is quiet.  He is very good at what he does.   I do not regret having him chosen for me by my PCP.  I would also comment on Dr. Fang.  I had him for my last checkup and was very impressed with him as well.  He is more talkative than Dr. Juarez and has a much more personable demeanor.  When you see Dr. Juarez just have a list of questions to ask him.  Do your homework before you go for the appointment.  You will do great.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

flyrep
on 7/11/07 1:38 am - AZ
what about the hospital? which one did u stay at?

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 7/11/07 7:38 am - Tucson, AZ
I had my surgery at St Lukes.  I found it to be very clean and obese friendly.  The staff was great.  I had no complaints.  Not even about the neighborhood it is in.  I had no problems.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

flyrep
on 7/11/07 7:49 am - AZ
Thanks for letting me know. Im between him and blackstone right now. I meet with him on Friday. I also have my 1st meeting w blackstone on the 25th if I dont choose him. Ill have to meet him and see. He can do my WLS in Sept to  were blckstone cant do it till jan08... Hilario has 800 lap done. blackstone has 1773 lap done. I got this from this website...

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

LeAnne G.
on 7/11/07 9:52 am - Goodyear, AZ

I agree with what Becky said.  Dr. Juarez is very quiet but will answer all of your questions...you need to ask them.  I had lap RNY and my scars are barely visible.  Dr. Juarez is a very skilled surgeon and I highly recommend him.  He saved my life!  I think we are all partial to our surgeons.  You will be to once you pick one. Best of luck! LeAnne

Jeanne G.
on 7/11/07 12:30 pm - Peoria, AZ

I have Dr Juarez and am scheduled for surgery 9/4. I don't find him very personable but that isn't the important thing to me. His surgery skills are the important thing and from my research he is an excellent bariatric surgeon. DOn't get me wrong he was polite and kind but he is a surgeon. Most surgeons aren't very personable. My sister had RNY 2+ years ago with him and I was/am very impressed with the before and aftercare of the Bridges program at St lukes. In the past 2+ years since her surgery I think she has only seen Dr Juarez once, most of the time she ends up seeing Emil, I think he is a PA and she really likes him alot. Unlike some surgeons who charge upwards of $1000 for their support programs there is not a charge for any of theirs. In addition to the required pre-op classes they have monthly support meetings and the support staff is only a phone call away at any time. I just went to a gradutes seminar as a guest with my sister that they held which was very informative for people 6 month+ postop. I hope this helps in your decision.

Jeanne

flyrep
on 7/11/07 1:27 pm - AZ
Thanks so much for all the info. I was wondering. What did you think about the hospital and staff?  I really dont like what people have posted about the stuff and hospital.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Jeanne G.
on 7/11/07 2:00 pm - Peoria, AZ
I can only base my opinion on the ICU. My sister needed to be re intubated because she wouldn't breath on her own after surgery. They were very good in the ICU. As far as her hospital experience she had no complaints at all. I know that Fang & Juarez also use Good Sam which I don't know anything about in addition to St Lukes. What kind of things were people sying about St Lukes? I hadn't investigated that since I really based it on my sister. It suprises me that feedback would be negative since they are so involved in WLS.
flyrep
on 7/11/07 2:26 pm - AZ
You can look for the feedback on this site. Just look under hospitals. How is your sister doing now? How long out has it been?

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Most Active