water water water

nicoleaz
on 7/6/07 8:21 am - Phoenix, AZ
y'know, for a girl who has hated to drink water all her life, i sure do miss it during the 30/20/30 lockdown periods around meals. i'm one thirsty mama! for you long-timers or anyone else who might know, is the 30/20/30 rule forever? jeez! i cheat with a sip here and there to zap the dryness but seriously? during sumer....this sucks. nicole
ginau
on 7/6/07 9:34 am - mesa, AZ
Nicole   Its a life style change ! Remember...  I think it could return when you hit your goal weight and know your signs .. Good question for Randy - dont ya think - I will be asking him next time I see him.  Cause I miss it too
nicoleaz
on 7/6/07 9:43 am - Phoenix, AZ
I meet with the dietitian on the 17th and will be asking then. Keeping my fingers crossed. In cooler weather this didn't bother me, but if I spend any amount of time in the heat before or after a meal, 30 minutes seems like a couple hours!
ginau
on 7/6/07 2:48 pm - mesa, AZ
Cool I too will be ther on  the 17th - it"s my 1 year mark  - I go Monday for  tests - Bone scan and blood !  I wonder if  while I am ther they can do my mammo too ??? 
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/07 5:49 am - AZ

Hey Nicole, I hate to say this but the 30-20-30 is a lifelong rule. I know it was one of the bigger struggles of mine, but I got over it and I actually wait an hour to drink, sometimes more. It helps me feel fuller longer..hope this helps  :-)

Have a good day....Erin

nicoleaz
on 7/9/07 6:17 am - Phoenix, AZ
i'll live lol thanks Erin!
Nicole W.
on 7/9/07 5:44 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
You look flipping gorgeous! I have been staying within the last 10lbs for the last 2 months...  We must do lunch SOON!

TinkerBell

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/07 1:14 pm - AZ
Hey Nicole right back at ya!! you look really good too. My hair finally stopped falling out and is growing back and getting thicker at my scalp. Well lets plan lunch pick any Saturday except the 7-21 I am going out that night (dancing and to a couple of clubs) with my friend from high school, my sister and my hubby. But seriously put a post on here and message me with the date that works for you and anyone who wants to join is welcome I am totally free on Saturdays and would love to connect with everyone. I actually need to because I never can make it to support group.  Yes I am on a major plateau, I am going to do the 10 day plateau buster way of eating later this week. I have losely been doing it but need to plan and get all the right things to do it.  Well talk to you hopefully very soon, and I really, really look foward to getting together.... Hugs, Erin
M. clarke
on 7/9/07 12:17 pm
From what I understand it is a life long rule. I am with you. I hate the rule also. At first I used to skip the meal as I could not go that long without drinking. I don't follow the rule as well as I should. And now that the heat has kicked in my appetite has dropped significantly.  I have been doing meal replacing with protein drinks.  I agree it is too hot to not be drinking constantly. I did find when I was following the rule more closely that it helped to keep away from salty foods, and to end the meal with a few bites of fruit. That seemed to help a little. A few bites of watermelon ending the meal seems a refreshing way to wet your pallete, and kinda help keep the craving of water away for a little while at least. Grapes seemed to work nicely also. Good luck with it. Your not alone!
Nicole W.
on 7/9/07 5:42 pm - Cave Creek, AZ

Hey Nicole... I follow the 20-30 (sometimes 60) rule... I cannot seem to schedule my meals that well with work being super crazy.  I definately cannot drink anything during my meal, if I do... I just get uncomfortable and sit there until I hiccup and then I can eat again.  Sometimes I don't drink anything until an hour after just to be safe.  But, I usually drink water or iced tea up right up to a few minutes before eating...  bad habits maybe or its just lack of planning of when I am going to eat.

With the heat, make sure you are getting extra water in.  I know I always free thirsty and I always have a bottle of water with me in my purse.  I think I am drinking about 6-7 of the 16oz bottles, plus whatever else I drink from my RO unit at home. ~Nicole

TinkerBell

Most Active