Scottsdale Bariatric Support Group

Desertflower
on 7/3/07 3:54 am - Mesa, AZ
As my own gastric bypass surgery approaches, I too am having my emotional ups and downs. Last night my husband and I attended the SBC support group meeting at the Scottsdale Healthcare facility.  What an informative meeting! There were people there that were pre-op to 4 months post op...and everyone was so helpful in sharing their experiences and giving advice on dealing with new challenges.  Who knew that a person could get sick on WATER???!!! I am so glad that we went.  I would recommend it to everyone.  Robin
flyrep
on 7/6/07 6:17 pm - AZ

When is the next meeting. I want to go! 

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

ginau
on 7/7/07 2:55 am - mesa, AZ
next meeting is a week from Thursday 19Th  Its a special meeting you need to call and schedule for they have a plastic surgeon coming to do a presentation.\\You can also check the Scottsdale Baritaric web site for meeting information , they have groups broken out  pre- to 4mo post op, 4 mo and beyond , plus an emotional eating group - that one you have to be post surgery to attend.
flyrep
on 7/7/07 1:04 pm - AZ
Right I called for that one. I got an email. Im going!

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Desertflower
on 7/10/07 2:19 pm - Mesa, AZ
My surgery is on that date, so i won't able to be there.  I will meet you at the next one in August! Only 9 days to go...getting nervous. Robin
deenie4
on 7/18/07 9:55 am
Hi Robin, Good luck with your surgery tomorrow! Do you know if anyone can attend the support group meetings? I had my surgery in MIchigan and want to join a support group here. Thanks, Dena
Desertflower
on 7/18/07 2:27 pm - Mesa, AZ
Dena, I am not sure if anyone can attend, but you might give a call to Scottsdale Bariatric Center and ask either Sam or Stella.  They have different groups that meet with people who are pre-op, post op and out more than 4 months etc.  Also, depending on what area of the Valley you live in there are also support groups - like the one in Chandler - that are excellent. Thanks for the words of encouragement.  I am all packed for tomorrow...now just counting down to my new birthday! Hope to meet you one day. Robin
Most Active