Initial appointment w/ Blackstone's office on Monday!!

Sherry61
on 7/6/07 10:42 am - Tucson, AZ
I think you are making a wise choice with Dr. Blackstone.  I had the lap band on 3/22/07.  She has a very extensive educational component with her program that is truly priceless.  My sister also had the lap band last week with a different doctor and I cannot begin to tell you the difference between the two surgeons.  (Dr. Blackstone is scheduling in Dec. 07 for self pay lap bands).We are both RNs and she came to my pre and post op classes and I went to her preop class and as health care professionals we were confused with what information to really adhere to.  The two programs are so different.  We left her preop class feeling sorry for the patients that have nothing to compare it to.  The person who gave the information on what to expect was an employee of the doctor and she told one of the people that she drinks Diet Coke EVERY DAY!!! Dr. Blackstone's program said No Caffeine and No Carbonation!!  She also told me that I would never be able to take NSAIDs (naprosyn, ibuprofen, etc.) EVER again.  My sisters doctor said she could take it.  There were so many differences on what each program--those are just a few of the examples.  I am going to stick with what I have learned from Dr. Blackstone and I am very thankful that my sister got the benefit of going through Dr. Blackstone's program with me.  Dr. Blackstone makes you go through so many tests that at the time are very annoying when you know you are just fine.  It just goes to show that she really does want us healthy and give up the best chance for success.  My sister only had to get blood work ..  The hospital never even got her blood work and the doctor said they would draw it prior to her surgery.  They never did--she went through surgery without them having the basic information that every person going through surgery should have..  I really feel that even though I have only seen Dr. Blackstone once before surgery and the day of surgery she has everyone else looking in on you.  She did her job by doing the surgery and has the rest of the people doing what they have been trained to do.
Most Active