Initial appointment w/ Blackstone's office on Monday!!

beckipoohbear
on 6/29/07 4:25 am - AZ
So I have my initial appointment with Dr. Blackstone's office on Monday and I am really excited to get this ball rolling.  I still have about 3 months to complete on my diet but I am ready to get things started on the other end as well.  Here's to preparing for a new life and a prayer for miraculous insurance approval at the end of the diet!! Rebecca
ginau
on 6/29/07 5:36 am - mesa, AZ
Congratulations!  keep us up to date !  find out hpw far out theyare scheduling..
maxaz1
on 7/1/07 8:45 am - Scottsdale, AZ
I did hear that there is a new surgeon starting with Dr B, so eventually, that will reduce the back-log of scheduling..
flyrep
on 6/29/07 7:23 pm - AZ
I to am using Blackstone! I tired about 4 year ago but could never get approved by my insure. comp. Now We are paying for it ourselfs. I think the biggest thing I fear the most is the 1 and 200 odds! Death.  Thats really the only fear I have at this time. When are you setting your date?
ginau
on 7/1/07 11:46 am - mesa, AZ
I know you all will have much success - Just remember they are going to put you through some important testing , this makes sure your in the best shape to undergo a major surgery .  I will warn you that you willnot see a lot of Dr Blackstone , the last office visit prior to surgery  and the day of Surgery , & maybe once or twice in the hospital - but its O.K. -  She is a very busy lady and has a great team of staff memebers  to take care of you,  I have no regrets choosing her to be my surgeon.
arroyo
on 6/30/07 10:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
Good luck, I am convinced that you are in the best of hands. They really want EVERYONE to succeed. as for the 1 in 200 deaths that does sound like a lot, but it's nice to know that Blackstone hasn't had any. I am two days post op with the band and all of the people in Blackstone's office have been wonderful, best of luck to you!

Before pre-op diet: 286.5/ Day before surgery: 275.5/Current: 171

flyrep
on 7/1/07 11:56 am - AZ
Knowing that Blackstone hasnt lost any puts my heart at rest! I dont mind the testing! Im glad to do it! Thank you so much for posting that she hasnt have any losses! Its nice to talk with people that have used her and are using her!
Desertflower
on 7/3/07 1:53 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Rebecca, I am also a patient of Dr. Blackstone's.  I met with her last week for my pre-op visit and she is great.  Very patient and answered all my questions.  I too, had problems with my insurance and battled for about 2 years to finally get my approval...but it was worth it.  I felt that the staff was there fighting with me all the way. My surgery date is 7-19 and like you, I feel that I am beginning a whole new life. I am very happy for you and wish you all the best.  Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing. Robin
ginau
on 7/3/07 3:57 pm - mesa, AZ
Dont  worry about time frame I hear she is scheduling right now for next april !  Yikes seems like a long time away - but actually goes by fast - esp with holidays  and such, Plus you can  get into  some of her Support meetings and get good feedback, I try to go at least once a month. I believe the average wait is about  6 months  - If you do lap band I hear its much quicker.  I dont regret waiting for her.  But in all fairnes - there are  a few good surgeons here in the valley - and one or two  that are questionable - in my opinion .
beckipoohbear
on 7/4/07 2:20 pm - AZ
Thank you all for your well wishes! The appointment at the office on Monday went great and everybody there was extremely nice and very helpful. I didn't ask how far out they were scheduling b/c I have to complete my six month diet first but the day I was there was the new surgeon's first day in the office so hopefully that will ease the schedule. Anyway, good luck to all of you in various stages of the process and hopefully once I complete the diet that insurance approval will sail thru (not likely but one can hope!) Rebecca
Most Active