I am struggling....need help!

AvasGrammy
on 7/3/07 3:53 am - Chandler, AZ

Hi Renee! Yep...a few meetings ago I did not want to get weighed and told them so...i was told it was mandatory and that there was some study being done...they also said i didnt have to look at my my tanita slip just throw it away...right like i would do that! The last meeting i went  i didnt get weiged and Nancy came to me for my weight...i told her i had just been in the office that morning and she asked for my tanita slip...i found it and she took that as my weight for that meeting...i just think we should be able to go to support meetings and have the choice of being weighed or not...especially getting weighed in the evenings...if your having a difficult time it will be the deciding point for many of us whether we would come of not. I am trying to decide when to make an appt to go in and see Dr. S....the past few days we have spent at the hospital...my father in law had a stroke on Sunday and is in ICU at Scottsdale Memorial Hospital...i might call and see if I can make an appt for next week....i really need to go in and have a "Pow wow" with Dr. S...things are not getting better...and after watching what has happened to my Father in law I dont want this happening to me!!! If you can drink liquids you can cheat your band..easily...that is why you really need the band to help you...if you feel nothing and are hungry....and searching for food...well then it is fill time....that is my opinion....i know how it feels to be where i should be...i am not there....i think that as the patient we need to be listenned to....i can only say how i feel...

Thank you for your words....we need to get together when you have some time....how are things going with you this week with the fam back home???? How about the daycare???? Let me know how u are!!!

LuAnne

soon2bnewme
on 7/3/07 5:58 am - Chandler, AZ

Hi Luanne, I don't know what's gotten into me since my last fill but I can eat the house down.  I almost think he took some out or something.  I'm pist at myself and for the way I feel.  I'm eating the wrong foods and I know some of it is stress with last week trying to get all that I wanted done and some that my family is back and I'm just so dang busy with the daycare kids.   I want to call and ask Simpson if he took some out the last time or just messed with my head because I feel differently.  I'm with you girl I would be pist about weighin in at the meeting.  Are they saying we're not welcome if we don't weigh?  I don't plan on going anymore for a while anyways.  I just don't feel like the drive and all I'm learning anything.  I want a meeting that we really sit and talk about what's on our mind and help each other through our daily trivias.  I told myself that tomorrow I'll just do liquids for 48 hours as if I had a fill so that I can shrink my stomach  a little.  I shouldn't be able to eat all the stuff I'm eating.  Breads and everything are going down just fine.   What's up with that.  It's not about restriction it's about feeling full.  I don't even feel satisfied.   HELP>>>>>> Call me we need to get together.  Do you have a swimming pool?  I do and you should come over and we could do water exercises.   Renee'

"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you, never excuse yourself." Henry Ward Beecher  
314/282/156.4/135 (Heaviest/Pre-Op/Current/GOAL) 
Total lost since Banded on August 14th, 2006 "-125.6" pounds  
Total lost since 8/05 "-157.6" pounds

AvasGrammy
on 7/3/07 7:52 am - Chandler, AZ

Renee, i dont understand either why you would feel MORE hungry now after getting a fill...especially more than 3 weeks out than before you had this last fill. I dont understand what is happening with me either...i just know i have to figure it out before i gain too much more back!!! I know how you feel about being angry with yourself...i am too!!! I keep telling myself that i should be able to do this...for God sakes I have a Band!!! But with little to no satiety i just cant do it! I can eat bread too...which when i was doing really well and felt satiety i could never eat! I couldnt eat bread....sometimes i could eat chicken but mostly not (now i can eat it anytime!), pasta, rice, etc...this is crazy...i was satisfied before on my protein and veggies and wasnt even hungry...so i have to go with how my body feels...I know our DR. says we shouldnt go by how we feel...but i just dont understand this...i have had to do that since my band was placed...of course my band experience has been 'crazy" from the very beginning when i woke up with 8 incisions instead of the normal 5-6 and was told that "my organs had moved when they pumped my stomach up with air"...(another surgeon,,,not ours) Since then it has never gone the way it was suppose to. I DO NOT want to give up though....i want this to work for me...i have put in a ton of time...surgery time and recovery etc....patience..(and that has not been easy!) ...thought...stood up for myself and switched doctors after my last surgery....and have come through things in my life these past 2 years i did not think i could...so...this is not the time to give up! Not for me...and not for you!!! We can do this together!!! I think we should go try the Chandler Hospital group next....the idea of starting a band group in this side of town sounds good too...even getting a few of us together and then reaching out to others...

I have thought about doing liquids for 48 hours too...but worry the minute i go back on food that i will gain whatever i lost back...the bottom line is i am hungry and need a fill....think i am going to make an appt....what about you????

The pool sounds  good...let me know when and i will be there!!!

LuAnne

Jeanne W.
on 7/5/07 8:15 am - Glendale, AZ
HI Renee,  I have been reading your posts, and I just thought I'd add my 2 cents worth.  I am only 1 month out from my surgery ...June 6th.  I was released too early from the hospital (1 hour) and returned 2 hrs later.  I couldn't keep anything down and was scared to death I was damaging the band because all the reading materials said vomiting may cause the band to slip.  After a few shots to settle my stomach and an overnight stay, I left feeling much better.  Now I am mostly all healed, and am already having the same problems you described.  Never full.  pushing the content, and the amounts...I have come to a couple of conclusions.  This is all about disipline.  I was told that before surgery, but it didn't really set in until the last couple of weeks.  Unfortunately one side of my head is saying "heck I didn't have any disipline before surgery, why would I have it now?"  The other more rational side is telling me I knew this wasn't going to be easy...no magic pill.  Dr S is my Dr too.  I have experienced his cavalier attitude already too.  But, I have to say, alot of what he's said  is starting to make  sense.  If you want to be 150 lbs you have to eat like a 150 lb person.  We only need food for fuel.  We need to eat better...fruits and veggies...why are we even trying the things that are told to us to be taboo?  breads, pastas, rice..etc.  Its like we're saying nanny nanny boo boo I have a band so I won't gain weight!   I know I need a fill, but now I a bit leary hearing some of these horror stories.   I have lost 31 lbs since I've started.  I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself daily, but it keeps me on my toes.  I make myself  accountable every morning.  I have been really pushing water water water...always have a bottle in my hand...thinking about getting one of those hats with the straws...oh yeah we can't use straws...LOL.  I swim almost every day, ride my recumbant  bike, can't walk much because I have severe neuropathy in my feet.   We HAVE to measure...we HAVE to stay away from certain foods, we HAVE to eat more veggies and fruits, we HAVE to exercise,  we HAVE to drink water constantly (except 1 hr after eating!  LOL!  and writing everything down helps considerably. I don't know if this is any help for you, its just me ranting...trying to convince myself, too ; ) Thanks for listening. Jeanne
soon2bnewme
on 7/5/07 1:31 am - Chandler, AZ
My year of free fills is up August 14th so I was thinking of making one last appointment before that date.  I too can eat breads, rice, etc.  I don't know why if I just had another fill.  And no less he said I would be tight but I feel less then before.  It's like the band is playing with my head or something.  Anyway, I started protein drinks this morning and I hope to do that for 24 hours because I've eaten so badly the last week.  It's a first for me not doing good because I was  sticking to all the rules I just don't know what happened.  I waited over three weeks to feel this fill and so far nothing.  I started doing 30 laps in the pool which my pool is 37 feet one way so there pretty good laps.  Gets my hear beating fast too so I hope it's burning some calories.  Maybe we can schedule fills together and buddy up.  I'll call you later on today and we'll find a good day to go. 

"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you, never excuse yourself." Henry Ward Beecher  
314/282/156.4/135 (Heaviest/Pre-Op/Current/GOAL) 
Total lost since Banded on August 14th, 2006 "-125.6" pounds  
Total lost since 8/05 "-157.6" pounds

Stephanie W.
on 7/5/07 11:26 am - Peoria, AZ
Renee- I would INSIST on another fill before your free ones expire. Especially since he will be going on his vacation soon. He'll be gone quite awhile. 

--Stephanie

At goal- I'm luvin' it!

AvasGrammy
on 7/6/07 4:31 am - Chandler, AZ

Stephanie, When is he going on his vacation???? Do you know how long he will gone??? Thanks! LuAnne

Stephanie W.
on 7/6/07 12:15 pm - Peoria, AZ
I think he goes to Alaska for several weeks during late July/ early August. I remember reading it in the newsletter also, but I don't remember the exact dates. 

--Stephanie

At goal- I'm luvin' it!

Most Active