The heat . . . ugh!

(deactivated member)
on 6/28/07 3:03 am, edited 6/28/07 3:33 am - Sahuarita, AZ
I live in Tucson and the days are really hot now and getting hotter.  Being overheated and feeling like I was going to drown in my own sweat last year were major contributors in my making a decision to look into having WLS.  For some reason I expected to not be bothered as much by the high temps now that I weight less, but it's really getting to me.  Of course, I DO spend more time outside than I used to and I will say that it's better than pre-surgery, but darn it . . . it's still HOT
karen G.
on 6/28/07 4:27 am - Phoenix, AZ

No Kidding! 

Thank you for saying it! 

I'm in Scottsdale for work... I went out to my car to plug in my phone (batt going out), and the door took off some skin - it was so hot!  Of course, it doesn't help that my car is black, but good grief!! 

I can't believe that the forecasters take the high temp in the SHADE - that's so inaccurate.  And there aren't any trees around here. What, are they standing under a cactus for the temp??  They probably don't go out in it, either... have one of those stick ups on the outside of their window??  haha

I'm missing my noon time walks and bike rides.  Going to the gym extra but don't think it really makes up for it.  Bleh.

SKennedy13
on 6/28/07 12:01 pm - Queen Creek, AZ
Lap Band on 05/02/07 with
There is not real escape except to drive north. Even then it still get kinda warm in during the day
David S.
on 6/28/07 1:48 pm

I'd rather go for a swim, than have it be freezin outside!  Summer is the price we pay for great whether the rest of the year!  Then again, I work inside so I'm spoiled by ambient temperatures.  Since I've lost weight, I've found that I'm more likely to be willing to brave the heat.  Also, I now have contacts, which means I don't have to worry about my glasses slipping down my nose when it's hot!! Stay cool! -Dave

Dave from AZ     
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/07 12:32 am - Sahuarita, AZ
I'd complain if it was too cold, too. Just no making me happy there  . . .  I think you may have hit the nail on the head.  I'm more willing to brave the heat now.  Congrats on your weight loss!  102 pounds!  That's awesome!
David S.
on 6/30/07 7:49 am
Thanks for the virtual high-5 on passing the 100 lbs lost mark.  I am so excited about that!! It is a HUGE milestone for me!! --Dave
Dave from AZ     
kmayfield
on 6/29/07 3:55 am - Tucson, AZ
I am in Tucson also and it just seems hotter this year. It's only a few months but I do not want to hear that is anything over 90. I had to run 2 laps around the outside of the gym I workout at yesterday afternoon and I really compained about it. My trainer just laughs..... He of course is just standing at the door watching.
Kim
11/2004
268/153
Most Active