Vitamins

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/07 7:13 am - AZ
Hello , My doctor told me I should start taking prenatal vitamins. Is that normal? He says it is a vitamin that has everything so i should do one a day. Any help woud be great. Thanks Kelly
Candi Y.
on 6/25/07 9:19 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Hey Kelly,  Never heard of taking the prenatal, but they are THE BEST in reagrds to getting everything you need, but the last I took them, which is a VERy long time ago they were like horse pills, so unless they have shrunk them, I'd look for either a chewable or a liquid.  I have always taken a liquid even before surgery, its really not a bad tasting one  either, I get it at SAMSCLUB and its called LIQUID MAX, brown jug.  The pill might be tough to swallow with the band in the begining!  GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/07 10:40 am - AZ
Thanks Candi, Yes the dctor said i could take them now, yes huge pills and then he said when i have the surgery to cut them up. Yuck. I like your idea though, liquid vitamins. I am goiing to look at sams club. Also Candi, do you have any good protein shakes you like? I know i wont learn this til my pre op appointmnet but would like to try one now. The 2 weeks before surgery i know we have to go on protein shakes so i better find one i like now. If you have any advice i would really appreciate it. the insight really helps. Thank for responding to me. talk to you soon kelly
Candi Y.
on 6/25/07 12:58 pm - Cottonwood, AZ
Hey Kelly, OK protein drinks, I was like you and those I did really test out prior to surgery, I've tried them all and the one I just completely LOVE is Muscle Milk, unfortunietly it is high in calories but boy oh boy is it GOOD!!  The choclate gives me my fix when I need it, they now have a LIGHT thats only 150 calories thats good too, somes SAMSCLUBs carry it otherwise GNC, Vitaminworld, it is costly.  I have heard that Cosco has one, but have not tried that as of yet.  I'm pretty picky with taste too!!  I drink one a day as my breakfast cause I am just not hungry in the am, but want to make sure I get my protein in.  Try the liquid vitamin from Sams, cutting up a pill just sounds like a pain!!    Don't hesitate to ask me any questions at all, beleive me I asked thousands before surgery!!  Take care
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/07 2:22 pm - AZ
Thanks so much Candi!! I am not sure of the routine yet , how to eat and all. I am going to try the protein shakes. So i should use it as a meal replacement. I saw them in GNC the other day but was not sure what is good and gross. I know i will have to get used to this that is why i am tryignow. My surgery date is for august 6th, am so excited but do want to prepare. Also what are some of the things I need in the house? Thanks for your continued help , it really does help having great support people. I am going to try to go to the chandler support group tomorrow and meet more new people in my same position. Talk to yu son Kelly
Candi Y.
on 6/26/07 2:13 am - Cottonwood, AZ

Hey KElly, If your not to bad with tasting things, you  might want to try some of the other lower calorie proteins, but I did and they were all gross and my feelings are I am so limited to eating I want to ENJOY what I eat....... Most of the time I do use the muscle milk as a meal replacement cause it is filling, very thick.  But if I am having a choclate craving episode, I go for, the Light is 150 calories, gee I used to have DQ Blizzards that were 600 calories if you know what I mean!

Funny about stocking up your house, I did the same thing and half the suger-free jello's are still here!  GROSS ME OUT!  Heres kinda what I did, but your doc might be different so ya gotta check, I did stock up my house, but I should have tried the stuff first cause found out I dont like alot of things, I'm a pretty bland eater.  Cream of Wheat in the begining, I still eat it now I add cinnamon and Splenda and YUM YUM, good protein, low calorie and you can make the thickness watery in the begining and then thicker if you like, Sugar Free Pudding  YUM YUM, only 60 calories another choclate fix I use and snack if I feel like one.  That can come when your to soft foods, Tunafish, Eggsalad and raw veggy's is pretty much my meals and meatballs.  I pre make my 4oz dishes and then grab some raw veggy's, I do dip them in ranch (lite).  I try and excercise regularly, but have been bad the past 2 weeks, just SO HOT!  The things I would make sure you have in house is WATER BOTTLES, your vitamins & protein drink and if you like cream of wheat, cause you'll live on those for a few days and by then you'll be ready to go to store and so some shopping.  I was out and about the next day, very good to WALK WALK WALK, cause you are full of gases from the surgery and walking helps release them!  Oh another thing, COTTAGE CHEESE, GROSS ME OUT, but very good for you so something to try and the Jello, not everyone is like me!

Weighed in today and I am down 2more pounds FOREVER... Total now 55lbs!! Dont think I weighed this less in over 5 years!!  Feels WONDERFULL!  Gotta go update my story, ask away Kelly and enjoy your support group, they are great too but I am 2 hours from Phoenix so I dont make it to to many!  Chat soon!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/07 9:21 am - AZ
Thanks again Candi, I am going to try those foods before I stock up. I hate cottage cheese FOR SURE. Well I will let you know how the meeting goes, am going to go, I am alittle nervous I guess cause I don't know anyone. That is the point though to meet new people RIGHT? Well congrats on te 55 pounds girl....keep it going!!! We'll chat later!
Most Active