3 weeks until surgery/lap band, questions

dikitty
on 6/25/07 7:18 am

Kelly, thanks for the reply.  I look forward to chating with you too.  Your surgery is only a few weeks after mine!  It feels good to know you are not alone at this (and the other stages) of this new journey! Thanks,  Diane

SKennedy13
on 7/3/07 2:50 pm - Queen Creek, AZ
Lap Band on 05/02/07 with

Hello, I was banded about 3 months ago. I really have not had any issues, but it is a bit more tricky than I thought it would be. I did well going into surgery and recovery was quick and easy. The worst part about it so far was when I had to get my fill, I will spare you the details, but I have been putting off my next fill because I had a bad experience. Most people that I have talked with have not had any issues with the band. I really like it I seem to be a really slow looser but a looser none the less. Good luck

dikitty
on 7/3/07 4:13 pm
Hi,  Thanks for responding to my post.  I read your page.  It seems like 25 pounds in two month is great!  I am glad that you really haven't had alot of problems, seem like alot of the Band people will talk about their experiences with the fills (especially the over fills!)  that would seem like the hard part. Alot of people seem to also mention trying to get the fills to the right amount. I have read that some people have up to seven fills, and at least one un-fill! Can I ask who did your surgery?  I am scheduled at the Bridges Center with Dr. Juarez. I am only about a week away now!!! I feel like I'm going starting to freak out a little now!
SKennedy13
on 7/4/07 3:13 am - Queen Creek, AZ
Lap Band on 05/02/07 with

My problem was not with getting an over fill, It was with the needle. I have 5cc's in my 10 cc band, I have restriction but I can still eat normally just much smaller portions. I did freak a little before surgery but it is normal. I would think mostly about how different my life was going to be afterwards and it scared me. Let me tell you that this is the best decision I have ever made. I went to the Banner Clinic and initially was going to go with Dr. Villares but he decided not to do surgery's in the east valley any more so I switched to Dr. David Podkameni who is also with the Banner Clinic. He was really comforting and I always feel comfortable around him. 

Most Active