I have a cold - What medicine can I take?

AZdove
on 6/21/07 12:03 pm - Tolleson, AZ
I had surgery on 2/7/07 and have lost 60 pounds.  I have not had to take any medications for ANYTHING since having surgery.  However I now have a head cold.  You know, the stuffy nose, then the runny nose, the scratchy throat and watery eyes.  I need a nose mitten! I should have called Dr. Blackstones office during the day but it seems it just got worse when the sun started going down.  I used to pop 2 Nyquil gel caps and go to bed and then in the morning I would be fine.  But with the intolerance to alcohol that WLS gives most people I am afraid to try that.  And Nyquil gel caps are loaded with that stuff! Any suggestions would be appreciated.  FAST!  I have a busy day scheduled tomorrow at work and do not want to be dragging AGAIN!
Nicole W.
on 6/21/07 3:04 pm - Cave Creek, AZ

Take one nyquil.... and get some sleep!

TinkerBell

lemarie22
on 6/22/07 1:01 pm - Glendale, AZ
Blackstone's office told me that I could take any Tylenol product.  I've taken Theraflu severe cold formula with a little Splenda and been no worse for the wear.  Dayquil really gets me through the day with no adverse effects.  Whatever you do, take a liquid or gel tab so you get all the benefits. Hope you feel better soon. Connie
soon2bnewme
on 7/1/07 10:25 am - Chandler, AZ
I take liquid Dimetap.  It's yummy grape flavor and doesn't make me foggy.  Something my ENT has always had my family take for colds and congestion and just allergy related gunk. Hope your feeling better very soon. Renee'

"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you, never excuse yourself." Henry Ward Beecher  
314/282/156.4/135 (Heaviest/Pre-Op/Current/GOAL) 
Total lost since Banded on August 14th, 2006 "-125.6" pounds  
Total lost since 8/05 "-157.6" pounds

Most Active