Anyone out there with a Rich Uncle

phoenixwife
on 6/21/07 10:06 am - phoenix, AZ
Sorry, just very frustrated about having no money to pay for the lap band. We can get a loan but the interest rate is so high I would have to sell my first born, and possibly my second.  I promise if I ever when the lottery or if Ed McMahon comes to my door I will help people who don't have enough money for the surgery. Kind of like a scholarship or grant or something. Ok just had to vent because no one at my house seems to understand how important this is too me. I just here " Just eat less" Ok that was a genius idea, never thought of that one. Ok that's it I swear!! Nicole
JRinAZ
on 6/21/07 12:14 pm - Layton, UT
Ahhhhhhhhhhh Nicole!  That's the worst!  .... I understand about the family thing.  There's probably some sick joke that starts something like "2 sisters were sitting in a restaurant and the little one said to the big one......blah blah blah!!!!  They don't understand unless they're walking in our very tight shoes!!!! Hang in there!  ..... 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

poohspal
on 6/21/07 1:25 pm - AZ
Nicole, I am so sorry. I am also a self pay.  It has its blessings, like picking your own Doctor and such, but that inital search for the money is the hardest.  I wish you all the best and if you need to vent some more this is the place.  We are here for you.
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
poohspal
on 6/21/07 1:26 pm - AZ
OOPPSS!!  I'm working on anew avatar sorry!
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
M. clarke
on 6/21/07 2:26 pm
Lots here can understand your frustration. I didn't have a first or second born to sell for mine, LOL. So I had to settle for selling my house. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to pay for my plastic surgery when it comes time for that. If you can get a loan, even at a high interest rate, count your blessing. Your body is the best investment you will ever make!! It is worth what ever interest rate they want to charge. I remember hearing a few years back that make a wish foundation used to help with financing and loans. Perhaps check that out. Not sure if they are still offering that or what their interest rate is. I think at that time it had to be paid back in a 5 year period. A friend of mine looked into it, but then changed her mind on the surgery. Keep in mind it is money, versus your health and body. This has been a major journey for me. I have had to downsize not just my body, but my budget, my living quarters, and my possessions. This has been more then just transforming my body, it has been transforming Me. All 100% Worth it!!!! Hang in there! Your frustrations are understandable, and many of us have been there and understand.
Candi Y.
on 6/22/07 8:23 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Boy do I understand your frustration, went through the same thing you are and as I did kept gaining more weight, and then one day  I just said to myself  "I AM PUTTING A PRICE ON MY LIFE", went with the high interest rate and I am already refinancing to get it lowered, once they see you make the payments the rate offers get better!  Don't put it off like I did, this is your LIFE!  Good luck,  I know Joyce knows of another DOc here in Phoenix now doing Lapband for $13,000, people spend double that on cars and even triple!!!  VENT VENT VENT....... Its what we're all here for! GOOD LUCK!
poohspal
on 6/23/07 1:34 am - AZ
All these ladies are right!   I have kids and i was feeling some real guilt about putting my family in debt just because i couldn't stop eating!  You are worth it!  Your health is important, for you and those you love.  You can do this and it will be worth it!  Think about all the money you will save on food and fast food huh?
296/282/265/180
start/pre/now/goal
phoenixwife
on 6/23/07 2:15 am - phoenix, AZ
Thank you everyone for not making feel like an idiot. The hardest part is the fact that my husband really doesn't get it. When we found out how much it would be a month his answer is well then just start eating less. I will too. Ok he has NEVER been on a diet in his entire life so he doesn't have a clue. I told him to on one by himself and lets see how you do. But he won't. Its and endless discussion around here. I just cant find anyway possible to pay 430 a month. I can't seem to get anything off my money tree. I haven't give up, yet. Thanks for everything!
Most Active