Prayer Request

M. clarke
on 6/21/07 7:00 am
I lost a good friend to Cancer last night. He was strong and fought hard. He was loved beyond measure. I am not seeking sympathy for myself as I don't want to start a string of depressing post as I know people come here for inspiration. I have lost many through the past few years so I know how this goes and I know what to expect, and how to heal and how to deal, although I typically turn to food! My first reaction last night was to want to eat. I couldn't eat however I could feed others so that is what I did. His name is Jack. He celebrated his 80th birthday on Monday. He has left behind his wife of 62 years, and his three children, his son Chris being my very best friend. I don't want to turn the mood of the site to a depressing one so please don't feel need to respond. What I would mostly appreciate is that anyone who would like to offer a prayer for him and his family to please do so. I have come to believe in the power of prayer more and more through the past few years. Jack was told when the cancer moved to his lungs from his leg he would likely be gone within 6 months. That was a year and a half ago! He ran a small news letter and had some friends through out the country that were behind him and prayed for him when he came down with the cancer. That and his own strength, and the love of his family I believe kept him here that extra year. So just a prayer for his family, and for his next journey for anyone who would like to offer one would greatly be appreciated. Thank you all so much as always for all of your support in all things. Melissa
JRinAZ
on 6/21/07 12:18 pm - Layton, UT
Melissa, In keeping with your request, I won't go all sald but will indeed keep you and your friends in my prayers! ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) Joyce But can I just say how totally gorgeous you are with your new pic?  !!!!!  No disrespect meant with your very tender post.......
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

M. clarke
on 6/21/07 2:13 pm
Thank you Joyce! Both for the prayer and the compliment :)
Most Active