Consult w/Dr. Juarez, what to expect??

BensWife
on 6/19/07 3:52 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hello, well I am just beginning my journey that will hopefully end with a cute little lapband! I am hopeing to have surgery with Dr. Juarez. I have my initial surgical consult with him this afternoon. I was wondering what all to expect. I know a few of you have had surgery with Dr. Juarez. I would imaging the consult would be similar for lapband or RNY. I've heard you meet him brieftly and speak with his assistant Amil the most, and the ladies in the office. Any tips I should know or maybe some good questions I should ask? I went to his seminar in May and have already seen my doctor regarding lapband, she thinks it's a great idea. That's pretty much as far as I have gone so far. I do also have an appt. at the end of July for my Psyche consult. So any tips are appreciate, I am at work, but i'll try to check back later for any responses. Thanks, good luck everyone! ~ Nikki
JEAN-NA
on 6/19/07 4:32 am

You pretty much have it down pat !  by the way  he doesnt show much personality !so dont be surprised.    I would also tell you I had a very long wait - when I went for my consult with him.   I ended up going with a differant doctor .   But  he is very good as a surgeon.

BensWife
on 6/19/07 4:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Jean, thanks for responsed. I know what you mean about the personality thing. I met him at the seminar. He was friendly, but not super approachable. So a long weight huh? Well darn I guess I should have got a book or something. Maybe if I have time i'll get a magazine or something. Oh well. One step at a time. Thanks for the info!
Most Active