body building show

yogibear
on 6/16/07 4:29 am - Fountain Hills, AZ

well I know I ahd said I was going to do a body building show this october.  For now it looks like i am going to have to put the show off for two reasons.  The first one is unfortunately ive been dealing with an uncooperative left foot.  Last summer I developed a ulcer on the bottom of my left foot.  With the way I walk naturally - the pressure point on my foot is right where the ulcer is refusing to heal. The other issue im still working with and am having some success btu not as quickly as i would like is trying to get down to a weight where i could compete. I could compete right now but dont have the muscle symetry Im looking for just yet.   I am eating twice a day but am also drinking three protein drinks through out the day (I do a fourth protein drink faithfully post workout).  I am eating a good breakfast but after that i really dont get hungry or feel like i can eat.  the four or five days i lift weights i do eat something before going to the gym but after that meal im like ready to go to bed especially after being at the gym. any suggestions?

JRinAZ
on 6/16/07 9:10 am - Layton, UT
You are amazing! Wow!  What an inspiring schedule you are on and Huge Kudos to you for downing all of those protein drinks!!!!!  You Rock! My suggestion.......Don't give up your dream but perhaps "tweak it" a bit!  I have always wanted to do the Grand Canyon "in and out" hike BUT....I have blown out my knees...sooooo for me, going downhill is impossible.  And, puting in the time needed to reach that type of condition isn't possible right now either.  I  found some new things to set as goals and both of them WILL happen!  LOL!  I"m going to do the 1,000 stair run in Bisbee in October (up the stairs!)  AND....I'm going to do 3 mroe 5K's this year for some good cause!  .........I'll set bigger and better goals as I'm able to get back into serious training....... The world is your "oyster".........there are sooooo many amazing things to do.  Maybe the body building show can happen next year OR maybe you can find something even more exciting!  Either way, you are "workin" it!!!!  Weigh 2 go!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

yogibear
on 6/16/07 9:21 am - Fountain Hills, AZ
oh i havent given up on my dream of doing a show.  I will do it.  I just want to make sure that there arent any outside factors that will affect my health or the health of the other competitors.  There are a couple of things i want to work on like the range of motion for my legs.  With my original back surgeries i have had limited mobility.  With the guidance of my trainer and a couple of his true friends - everyone is offering guidance in a good and positive way with positive suggestions. The other thing i wanted to do before the show that i knew i wouldnt be able to make in time for this year - is i want to be at an ideal weight physically and not wonder "what if"?
Most Active