I Did It... Sort of...

lemarie22
on 6/13/07 3:53 pm - Glendale, AZ
I think I said something a while back aout hiking the canyon.  I've been working towards that goal for a while, for a long while.  I wanted to do it pre-surgery and at one point had lost 80 pounds to try to get to that goal, but you know how it is.  I gained the weight back and never made it down the canyon.  This time I did it.  I fell on my way down, but made it the whole 10 miles down with about 4 or 5 miles of hiking while I was down there.  The whole story (or most of it) is here.  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/03-2004/postdetail/37225.h tml?vc=0 I'm warning you that it's long and I have a potty mouth at times. Connie
JRinAZ
on 6/14/07 12:23 am - Layton, UT
Connie! ((((((((((((((((((((HUGGGGZZZZS000000000000 I'm  running out the door for work and will read your blog later but just wanted togive you a High Fives!  Wow!  You are an inspiration!  You've done something I've always wanted to do and wonder if I'll ever get to!!!  I have crappy knees and so going down is rough for me.  I do much better going up!  Mdaybe I should add Base jumping to my dream list then I could float to the bottom and hike out!  LOL! You rock!  I am soooooooooooo proud of you and inspired to get ready for my own adventure: 1,000 stair race in Bisbee, AZ!!!!  (going up of course!)
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

maxaz1
on 6/19/07 6:27 am - Scottsdale, AZ
You did it...DEFINITELY! And count me in next year too! That is something that was always a far-off, never gonna happen dream. And now, maybe it can. Max
Most Active