I'm Pregnant! Is it safe?

FakeBake
on 6/13/07 12:13 am - AZ
Hi all, It has been a while since my last post I just found out yesterday from taking a home pregnancy test that it is positive. This is my first prgnancy ever, Im very excited but also alittle scared. Is it safe to be pregnant after WLS?  Im a 1yr and 9 months out..any suggetstions would be greatly apprecitated! thank you all in advance, hugs Tara
(deactivated member)
on 6/13/07 12:41 am - AZ
Congratulations!!!!

Sorry I can't answer your questions. I've had the lap band and I do know it's okay with us but only after a year.
Honestly I think you will be just fine.

JRinAZ
on 6/13/07 2:38 am - Layton, UT
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  You must be sooooooooo excited!!!!  There have been hundreds and hundreds of folks who have had healthy pregnancies and healthy babies as WLS post-ops!!!!  There is a pregnancy forum on O.H. somewhere???  And...if you go to www.yahoogroups.com and join (it's free) and then type pregnancy after weight loss surgery in the search window) you'll be abel to get into a national support site. Or you can join the [email protected] (Weight loss Surgery Straight Talk).  It's an AZ support chat site and there are at least 6 chatters who have had healthy babies  and could coach your through with some great tips!!!! You will do fine!  Just be very mindful of getting your supplements.  Protein drinks, vites, B12 sublingual or shots, etc. HIgh Fives!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Nicole W.
on 6/13/07 3:36 am - Cave Creek, AZ

Congratulations Tara! Maybe call your surgeon and speak with the office.  I know being a patient of Dr. Blackstone's... she wants to be very involved in your pregnancy and they help you through the way with vitamins, food intake, etc. 

Again... CONGRATS!

TinkerBell

M. clarke
on 6/13/07 5:03 am
Wow! CONGRATS!!! How exciting! I know it must be scary too. I agree with Nicole. Contact your surgeon as I'm sure they will want to help you to ensure you are getting enough intake for the both of you. I was told it was about 1-2 years wait to have children after surgery so sounds like your timing is just perfect. Congrats again! Keep us posted please!
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 6/14/07 12:31 am - Tucson, AZ
Congratulations.....how exciting!!!!
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Texas Girl
on 7/10/07 6:38 am
Hi... I just posted a look for?? for you.. tell me what is going on in your life... congrats on Pregnancy.. Wow... I am so excited for you...  I am still in sierra vista... My husband comes home from Korea.. in 8 days...  And hope you remeber me... we met in hospital at Banner... look forward to hearing from you...!! Connie Jones
Most Active