One month post-op and feeling great!!

alligatorpgr
on 6/10/07 2:07 pm - PHOENIX, AZ

It's been 30 days since surgery, and all is going pretty well.  I've lost 20lbs, gone from a size 22 to a size 18, and am feeling really good.  I seem to do pretty good with food, I just get tired of the same things over and over.  I forget sometimes I've even had surgery, (unless it's time to eat something LOL)  I'm very happy with my progress so far, and my energy level.  I have to go back to work tomorrow, and one of my good friends at work had surgery two weeks after me, so we can support each other.  I've made my little lunches for the week, have all my protein bullets chilled and ready to go, and am bringing my walking shoes to work with me.  I'm excited to see what this next month brings my way :-)  I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been so supportive of me and my journey.  It seemed like this day would never come, and now I'm already a month out.  It's amazing what changes my body has gone thru so far.   Alli

ALLI 
246/140/127

Desertflower
on 6/10/07 4:07 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Alli, I am so happy for you and for your progress!  I am scheduled to have surgery with Dr. Blackstone on July 19th. I went to my pre-op education last week and learned a lot.  I am now ecited and scared.  I bought my new vitamins and B12.  Have all my pre-op tests done...just counting the days now.  It seems like it has taken so long.  Now I am in the home stretch. May I ask how many pounds you want to lose? 20 POUNDS IN A MONTH IS INCREDIBLE!!! Write when you can.  I know that Dr. Blackstone is the best, and that I will be in good hands. Take care. Robin
alligatorpgr
on 6/12/07 6:15 am, edited 6/12/07 6:15 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Robin, thanks for the support :-)!!!  Soon you too will be on your way to the "losers" bench.  Dr B is the "BEST", and she is definitely worth the wait.  My total weight loss goal is 104lbs, and I'm already 30+ lbs closer to my goal.  If you need anything, just give me a holler:-) Alli

ALLI 
246/140/127

Desertflower
on 6/12/07 7:03 am - Mesa, AZ
Hi Alli, I am very excited about my surgery and finally getting to meet Dr. Blackstone in person next week. Everyone loves her and her team. Now I am just counting the days. I too, want to lose about 100lbs.  I am so tired all the time and I look forward to having more energy. Robin
David S.
on 6/10/07 4:47 pm
Glad to hear you're doing good.  For me that first month was some of the most difficult times, but I got some of my most dramatic results during that same time frame.  I had to address some of the psychological issues associated with my eating, as I wasn't hungry, and could tell that I had a "habit" of being hungry.
Dave from AZ     
alligatorpgr
on 6/12/07 9:19 am - PHOENIX, AZ
This first month has been hard at times, but I think most of that is in the past, and I'm looking forward to feeling better and eating better every day :-)  By the way, you too look FABULOUS!!! Alli

ALLI 
246/140/127

David S.
on 6/12/07 11:16 am
Thanks for the complement.  Jodell and I actually enjoyed getting these pictures taken, and were surprised as to how many of the pictures taken we actually liked.  Pre surgery I think we'd gotten way used to having pictures taken, and then being lucky if we found 1 picture we liked.  What a change that was!! I'd agree that the worst is probably behind you! --Dave
Dave from AZ     
(deactivated member)
on 6/11/07 1:34 am - Phoenix, AZ
Congrats Alli!  I remember the excitement of being 1 month out from surgery...oh, those were the days!  LOL  It is awesome that you have a coworker to share this experience - that was exactly my situation!  My co-worker had her surgery a year prior to me - and she was the one who inspired me to begin my weight loss journey.  When I came back from the surgery I had a built in support unit with her working in my office - we kept each other food and exercise accountable (we walked PV Mall daily at lunch!)  I was sooooooooo bummed when she retired last year...but she was invaluable to me and my success.  Enjoy the ride ~ its amazing!    deb
alligatorpgr
on 6/12/07 9:20 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks Deb :-)  Alli

ALLI 
246/140/127

Nicole W.
on 6/11/07 2:57 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Wow Alli, It's hard to believe its been a month already! When do you attend your one month class?  You will be happy to add in some veggies, peanut butter... definately adds color into your food. The first 4 months are the roughest, especially because of the diet and determining how your body reacts to the food you put into your pouch. Hope to see you soon! ~Nicole

TinkerBell

Most Active