Cost of bariatric surgery & best employers

hopefulnickster
on 6/25/07 1:15 pm - Peoria, AZ
Ticia, Keep in mind that just because you policy has an exclusion doesn't mean that it cant be covered if medically necessary. I have BCBS and I have had an absolutely uphill battle with them from start to finish so I understand your frustration. Keep working it at- find out if there is a chance of getting the surgery covered before leaving your job. Ask you HR dept about getting a rider on your insurance policy. Offer to pay the difference in premium- I promise that will be tons cheaper than self-pay. If all else fails, you could try Gary in the Insurance Forums. He might have some info for you on fighting an exclusion. Good luck, Nicole
teacherspet
on 6/25/07 3:24 pm - Tucson, AZ
Nicole,     Thank you so much for the encouragement!  I am certain that it will be an uphill battle.  I am lucky that my insurance company handles only the the first two appeals.  A third party handles the next two appeals. Thanks again, Ticia
dmwilson
on 6/28/07 7:34 am - tucson, AZ
Yes, Dr. Burpee did my RNY Lap it was the easiest surgery for me. and my employeer had no excursion as long as it read medically necassary by my physician i had no problems i was approved in like 5 to 7 days.
Most Active