Just driving me crazy...

JEAN-NA
on 6/7/07 6:48 am

Annie   You are so lucky -  so you may have a few hoops to jump through, some extra testing to make sure your in the best condition for surgery - the extra money you spend on your health  now will save you so much later on, after all  think of all the people who would love to have the surgery  and cant because of their insurance .. Hang in and hold on - Its going to happen for you !   words of wisdom say - stay on top of your appts, get copies of test  and keep copys  and take to all your appts  - just in case ..   I  know SBC is going through some changes - I was ther last week  and noticed a few poeple are gone  -  But  Its going to be o.k. remember  its sooo  worth the wait !   Keep us posted so we can cheer you on !  

desert rat
on 6/7/07 11:44 am - Goodyear, AZ
Annie, I went through the same thing SEVERAL times because my insurance couldn't decide what they really wanted.  Each time I met their requirements and submitted paperwork, they would tell me "Oh, our requirements have changed.  Now you must do ____."  I too went through SBC and had to pay for a couple of things twice, can't remember what but I was willing to keep being a pain in the insurance company's behind!  I was ultimately the winner.  It took me nearly FIVE years and two different surgeons (cuz not only did they change their requirements, they changed their "approved" surgeon too!) to get approved.  That was nearly two years ago and it's all a faded memory.  The surgery and the improvement in my life have been worth every bit of it. Take Joyce's advise...just stick it out, you won't regret it! Best of luck, Dj
 Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
David S.
on 6/7/07 12:14 pm
I am convinced most insurance companies are the bane of the civilized world.  That said, think about how far you've come rather than how frustrated you are with the system.  As long as you hang on and keep going, your chances of getting approval will increase.  I'm further convinced that the system is meant to wear people down so they cost the insurance company less $$.   RNY has changed both my and my wife's life since we had it in March of this year.  Although the process (before and after surgery) are not easy, we are already enjoying the results.  If your insurance doesn't have any an exclusion for the surgery, it's probably just a matter of making sure they can check off all of their boxes before they will approve you. Chin up-- Dave
Dave from AZ     
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 6/7/07 12:47 pm - Tucson, AZ

Dave

What comes to my mind in your situation is that your children will learn to eat healthy and may never have to deal with the problem of obesity.

You and your wife both look fabulous.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

David S.
on 6/8/07 1:15 pm
Becky, Thank you!  There is no doubt in my mind that our surgeries have changed our lives forever, and we hope the positive things we've implemented at home will help our kids establish good habits.  We definately are encouraging their activity. My wife does look fabulous!  What's more important is that most of the time we feel pretty fabulous!
Dave from AZ     
Nicole W.
on 6/7/07 3:44 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Annie, Long time no see...  my pap was one day expired when SBC wanted it and I had to get a new one.  It was a 3 month wait with my OB-GYN and I didn't want to wait so I went to my PCP and she did a wellness exam on me.  Maybe you can do that with your PCP and also get all your bloodwork done.  I know my PCP codes it for insurance resason as an emergency or something so that the insurance companies do not question it. I am surprised your pysch test expired... 1st time I heard of that.  Hopefully they will get you taken care of.   Take this as a sign from God that things are meant to be current for your own well being and very QUICK approval.    ~Nicole

TinkerBell

Most Active