Dr. Gitt in Phoenix (Plastic Surgery) - any reviews?

sherylee24
on 6/14/07 1:34 pm - El Mirage, AZ

Hey Jersey, Dr. Gitt has done several of my surgeries. In Dec he did a lower body lift, breast liff and hernia repair. It was a great experience! It was a long surgery (9 hrs) and everything went great! I healed awesome.. Dr. Gitt did a great job! I met with his PA Jerry after surgery for my appointments, and he is super sweet! In March I had my 2nd surgery, arms, inner thighs and a small butt lift.... that surgery went great, this time I had Tracy for my appointments, who was also great! I have to say the office staff is so great!!! Anyways then 2 weeks out I had a complication with my inner thigh. Dr. Gitt was out of town and I was really scared, but his colleague, Dr. Bell did my procedure and he did a great job and I had my same nurse as before and his staff made me feel so comfortable! Sometimes Dr. Gitt is really busy and sometimes his office is crazy, and you wait a long time, but he is a great surgeon and honestly that is what matters most! He is not only a plastic surgeon, he is a general surgeon as well and that is very reassuring! His office totally took care of my insurance, every time! I never did anything!  He's taken great care of me and I would recommend him to anyone! Good luck!!!! Sheryl

M. clarke
on 6/14/07 7:00 pm
Sherly, I am curious how the surgeries were pain wise? I have heard that plastic surgery is really really painful. Sounds like you have had lots done so I was wondering what your experience was with the pain. Also do you remember about how much the body and breast lift was? As I'm sure I will be needing those and more.
sherylee24
on 6/16/07 5:39 am - El Mirage, AZ
Hi, My first surgery was the lower body lift and breast lift. I was expecting horrible pain and it was nothing! I think I paid 16k for both of those. I healed great from those surgeries... like Joyce said the breast surgery was nothing.. I just had a lift done, no implants... it healed so quickly. The lower body lift made me bend over a little when I walked and my stomach muscles were a little sore, but honestly not even as bad as my gastric bypass (I had it done open, not lap).  My second surgery was the inner thighs and arms... that surgery hurt! Especially the legs! I was swollen and bruised and that was not fun, but honestly I was so unhappy with the extra skin in those areas that even the complications I had to go through were totally worth my results!!! Good luck! Sheryl 
M. clarke
on 6/15/07 8:33 am
Sheryl, Another question. I was reading his feedback. I see a lot of people mentioning that they had hernia's fixed. Is this something that happens with people that lose weight?? I always thought hernias were something guys got when they lifted too much weight. But I see a lot of people mentioning they got hernia's fixed. What causes them with the weight loss? Is this a dumb question? melissa
JRinAZ
on 6/15/07 10:09 am - Layton, UT
Hey Melissa, I'm definitely not Sheryl (she's hotter than I am!   *wink, wink*) but I do know about plastics, pain and hernias!  LOL!  Plastics can be very painful.  The Body Lift is a complete incicsion around!  Ouch!....The Tummy tuck is a half body incision,  Ouch!  Breasts aren't a biggie (no pun intended :)  thigh plasty is painful cuz of the anchor to the groin .......etc.  Dr. Gitt uses a pain pump for the body lifts.  It's different than the one we had with our weight loss surgeries though.  We don't pump morphine type med....it automatically pumps meds that numb the entire area.  Very very nice!!!! Incisional hernias are very common for those of us who have had weight loss surgery.  Many folks are walkign around with them that dont' even know it.  When Dr. Gitt finds them during your plastic surgery, then he takes a picture and sends it off to your insurance.  It helps to offset the price of the reconstructive surgery so that's why some people are hoping to get one (hernias, that is)!!! Joyce
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JRinAZ
on 6/15/07 10:13 am - Layton, UT
Melissa.... P.S......No pain no gain!  Plastics is the magic we all deserve after a very long journey!  It's like going to Disney Land afater winning the Super Bowl!!!!  :)
Joyce 

M. clarke
on 6/15/07 10:58 am
Thanks for the info. What causes the hernia? Just the weight pulling or something? I worry about the pain because I have a high tolerance to the pain medication. I have been on pain meds for a few years so it's really hard to control my pain when it comes to surgery. The pain pump sounds good. Does that go home or just while in the hospital? Do you have an idea on how much it cost? I'm not looking for exact just an idea.
JRinAZ
on 6/15/07 11:08 am - Layton, UT
Hey, Just give me a quick call and I can give ballpark figures.  Saying how much it costs, without knowing what combinations or procedures you're specifically interested in is impossible.   If we chat then I can get a better idea.  If you come in for a consult (free) then you can get the complete wish list and choose the things from the list that you are most concerned about.......The pain management is definitely something that is monitored.  I'm honestly not sure how long the pain pump stays with.  I think it might be there until the drains are removed.  Hmmmm....I'll check. Hernias  can develop from any surgery.  We can get them from a little stitch popping or from the rapid weight loss shifting things.  Where there's a strain, something can "give".
Joyce 

M. clarke
on 6/15/07 4:55 pm
Joyce, Thanks Joyce. It's still to early for me to come in for a consult as I'm not where near goal. I still have another 99 pounds to my goal of 135 pounds. 165 is my doctors goal. 135 is the minimum. I will just have to see how it goes once I get down there. Maybe I will be happy some place in between those two. I just figure might as well keep the optimum goal in mind. However it will be at least a year until I'm ready for plastic surgery, unless by some miracle I can shed these last 99 pounds as quickly as I did the first ones. However it moves fast and I know I need to start pinching the pennies now. That's the only reason I was trying to get a clue how many pennies to start pinching. Thanks for your help! I do look forward to when I do get to come in for that consult!
M. clarke
on 6/15/07 5:04 pm
Joyce do you work for the plastic surgeon? For some reason i thought you worked for Dr. Simpson, Am I confused or did you use to work for Dr. Simpson?
Most Active