Dr. Gitt in Phoenix (Plastic Surgery) - any reviews?

Jersey
on 6/6/07 3:33 am - Northern, NJ
Hi there!   I am finally starting to consider Plastic Surgery.  I live in NJ but have relatives in Phoenix and that is where I will convalesce post-PS.  Someone told me about a Dr. Gitt in Phoenix.  Has anyone here used him?  If so, what is your opinion on him?   Any help would be greatly appreciated!   Thanks! JM
~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~  *  ~
Surgery date:  January 30, 2006 - Lap. RNY
Highest/Surgery Weight:  293
Ideal Body Weight:  160
Current Weight:  Fluctuating!
Pounds till GOAL:  I was at goal but let's re-evaluate once I have the baby!
toleary
on 6/6/07 5:07 am - AZ
JERSEY, Funny seeing you here ...........I saw DR Gitt and have had friends that used him. I picked Dr Mehdi Mazaheri from the consults I had he was the most concerned with my health and does an awesome job ....his number is 480-951-4343 his office staff and the hospital he uses are top notch.  I guess it's depends on who you click with...they are both good Dr's. When you come to town we have to go to lunch....... HAVE A GREAT DAY  TORI
JRinAZ
on 6/6/07 6:58 am - Layton, UT
HIi JM, There are oodles who have had Dr. Gitt but they don't all hang here on this state forum site.  He's done hundreds of Post Bariatric plastics and has recently developed a full comprehensive program especially catered to us.  His practice has evolved to doing a majority of Body Lifts , tummy tucks, thightplasty, etc.  All the surgeries that we need after having successful weight loss. You can check out his reviews by  going to the top left corner of this page and clicking on "plastic surgeon".   Scroll over AZ and click on his picture to find his profile and his reviews.  You could click on the individual review by that person and shoot them a private e-mail via O.H. if you wanted more info??? Dr. Gitt  is drawing  more and more people from around the U.S. as his awesome results are shared by patients.  If you'd like to give me a call at work tomorrow or shoot me an e-mail then I can send you some literature and maybe answer some questions..  I can assure you that his patient's health is of utmost important to him and he insists on certain tests if he suspects anything at all that could compromise the patient's health.  He is a perfectionist/artist and the combination is definitely beneficial to his patients!!! Good luck with your decision!  It's a GREAT reward for a job well done!!!!  Nips, tucks, tight and tiny are soooooooo much fun!!!! Joyce 02/11/03 Zahn - 140 lbs 480 991-6877 [email protected]
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

VeeKay
on 6/6/07 9:50 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Hi Hey I am originally from Morristown NJ!! I was scheduled with Dr Gitt,,,and there was tremendous chaos with his office as to which doctor was gonna do my surgery, and then I wound up having to go in for a second consultation.  After paying for 2 consults, and attending my pre op appointment, and filling all my post op medications, 4 days before my surgery, his office called me and informed me that they needed to cancel my surgery as they were having problems getting the insurance company that I am with to pay.  I called my insurance company, and they have paid ALL of my claims to him.So I was left, having paid, and having driven to phoenix several times, and having filled my prescription with nothing but wasted money.  If you are coming from out of town, just be careful.  A good friend of mine used Dr Mazahari (sp??) and she swears by him.  Just be careful Vee Kay
HarleyGirl
on 6/6/07 10:01 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi there! I am a transplant from NJ! My family moved to AZ in 1957, we are from Boonton.  Now about Dr. Gitt. I had my Panni & Hernia repair with him on 4/13/07.  He went to bat with my insurance company for me and has been great to deal with. I did a review on him, so check that out.  Without going into a lot of detail just to validate what Joyce has said about him.  My sister went to see him because she was so excited about my results and care.  Long story short, she thought that she had an abdominal hernia.  Dr. Gitt in his deligence sent her for a CT scan and what she thought was a hernia was actually an abdominal aortic anuerysm(sp) large in size that was life threatening.  The same day as the CT scan she was admitted to the hospital.  So in this case a Plastic Surgeon saved a life and we will be forever greatful to him.  Paula Open RNY 4/1/4 330/195
His Harley Girl
Open RNY 4/1/4
330/195/TT 4/13/7 Working on -20 more
Eggface
on 6/6/07 1:53 pm - Sunny Southern, CA
If you haven't checked out his OH page (with patient reviews) here's the link:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/plastic+surgeon+rev iews+Steven+Gitt+dkgs.html Hope this helps, ~Michelle OH Member Services

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

VeeKay
on 6/7/07 8:04 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
I replied to your post yesterday, and would  like to let you know that Dr. Gitts office did contact me regarding the problems that I had with his office.  I am pleased to say that everything has been resolved, and was done so in a professional and courteous manner.  Let me reiterate that this was a business office and insurance problem and had no bearing on the skills of Dr Gitt. I still feel that he is an awesome surgeon, and he will be performing my surgery in August.  Best of luck to you Vee Kay
JRinAZ
on 6/7/07 10:05 am - Layton, UT
Yay Vee Kay!!!! I'll bet you're sooooo excited!  .....I look forward to seeing you then! Joyce P.S.  I LOVE my job!!!! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

VeeKay
on 6/8/07 11:44 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Thank you Joyce, I am thrilled!!!   I too look forward to finally meeting you,,,,thanks for everything.... Vee Kay PS:  I  love your job too!!  hehehe
dmwilson
on 6/11/07 7:00 am - tucson, AZ
Hi Jersy, Welcome I had my consiltation with Dr. Gitt he was great and had my insurance approve my panni. SOOOOO excited . His staff is great also.                                                                     Good luck                                                                      Diane (RNY-11/16/05 Down 130 pds.)
Most Active