I"m in a rut!

JRinAZ
on 6/5/07 3:32 pm - Layton, UT
Ho hum lunches!  What do YOU take to work for lunch?  Do you count calories, carbs or protein? pleeeeeez share!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Darlene X
on 6/6/07 1:14 am - Maricopa, AZ
mmmm... Fresh Mozzeralla, tomatoes & basil chopped into chunks, with some light balsamic vingegarette....
JRinAZ
on 6/6/07 7:03 am - Layton, UT
Darlene!  Wow!  Your new pic is gorgeous!!!!  Woooooo Hoooooooooo!!!!!  High Fives!  ooooo la la! I LOVE fresh moz and tomatoes!  It sounds sooooooo "summer" and exotic! ......I definitely need to treat myself better! How many days til you take off for New Zealand????
Joyce 

yogibear
on 6/6/07 3:33 am - Fountain Hills, AZ
I try to shoot for the protein more than counting calories and carbs.  lately ive been switching back and forth from a corn and black bean salad with a two ounce portion of meat (usually pork , or chicken) made with a rice wine and oil dressing (heavier on the rice wine vinager.  is good stuff
CK777
on 6/6/07 4:06 am - Avondale, AZ
Joyce I take lunch meat & cheese (roll it up sometimes with a pickle), fruit South Beach wraps and chicken salads chili sometimes the homemade meat crust pizza left over dinner (steak, pork chop, etc) with a vegetable I keep trying cottage cheese but haven't been able to stomach it no matter what I have with it (fruits) Beef Jerky I track everything I put in my mouth on Fitday.com so I watch the calories and carbs but most importantly the protein. Cathy
alligatorpgr
on 6/6/07 8:08 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hijack for you Cathy, you look amazing!!!!!    Alli :-)

ALLI 
246/140/127

CK777
on 6/6/07 3:25 pm - Avondale, AZ
Thank you Alli! How are you doing? I haven't seen much updated information on you? Has eating gotten any easier? If not it will soon. Did fruits and veggies get added back in for you? If so Sprouts has some great deals this week..............................but be sure to eat your protein first. Let me know if you need help or ideas. Cathy
JRinAZ
on 6/6/07 7:11 am - Layton, UT
Thanks Cathy and YogiBear (sorry....didn't see the name???), I can tell that most folks are definitely more creative than I am.  As a newbie, I would go for things that  kept my pouch happy and then I progressed to things that were mostly protein and now I just grab whatever is convenient.  I defnitely need to surf the net for some "packables"!!!! .........anyone else have some other ideas?  I'll bet others are taking notes besides myself!
Joyce 

JEAN-NA
on 6/6/07 8:20 am
 OK  SINCE YOU ASKED ,,  in my drawer  you will find   tuna & cracker  lunch  maker kit - always good to  keep on hand !    go ot  for lunch >>  grab Wendy's chili  - lots of protein in that .  peanut butter & celery !  bring some  boiled shrimp and sauce  for a cool coctail ,  all the lunch meat rolls you like , wrap lunch meat around a pickle or green onion.  
David S.
on 6/7/07 12:24 pm

Joyce,

Lately I've been eating the progresso microwavable beef and vegetable soup.  It's ready in 2 minutes.  It has some protein from the beef, and natural vitamins from the vegetables.  I find the broth soothing on my stomach.  I also like a few triscuit cracers with a colby jack string cheese.  I recently at half of a ham and cheese sandwhich with the very thinly sliced deli meat.  If you tolerate fruit well, I will occasionally try some canned peaches or pears. (low in protein, but a nice treat) --Dave

Dave from AZ     
Most Active